The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bucket Seat Advise

foggy147

Toying with the idea of putting some new seats in the car (will store my facelift seats anyway so it could be returned back to be OEM if needed). Just looking for something like these, quite standard looking, would I also need to get new rails or is there any brand of bucket seat that would use the rails in the Supra?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cobra-Sports-Bucket-Seats-with-Recline-/252936326368?hash=item3ae42e0ce0:g:dYUAAOSwjL5ZFu0A

Yes you would need new rails. I dont think any aftermarket bucket seats will just bolt straight in.

Personally i think those cobra seats are pretty awful looking lol and relatively cheap, id never pay £450 for them thats for sure!

Obviously its down to your personal preference but i would look at oem Mitsubishi Evo Recaros or Honda Accord Recaros.

Bride rails work with them with a little bit of fetaling.

I use custom low mount subframes and universal rails on mine though.

Your other option would be genuine Supra Recaros

They do look very smart what are they?

Recaro Trendline

They were standard equipment in Various Evo's, EP3 Civic Type R 'Premier', Accord Type R, various Renaultsport cars etc. Lots of upmarket cars have used variations of this seat, including Aston Martin.

These are my RenaulSport ones in my Supra. Black leather and grey alcantara

Edited by j_jza80 (see edit history)

Think I need to up my budget, rails are going to be £400, will keep an eye out daily now on ebay and gumtree for some, looks like it's going to about 1k for the full set up.

Finding the facelift seats fairly uncomfortable

Same issue, I don't feel snug in my facelift seats.

Recaro Trendline

They were standard equipment in Various Evo's, EP3 Civic Type R 'Premier', Accord Type R, various Renaultsport cars etc. Lots of upmarket cars have used variations of this seat, including Aston Martin.

These are my RenaulSport ones in my Supra. Black leather and grey alcantara

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm203/j_s14a/Snoopy%20Supra/DSC_0439_zpsb9gacsxz.jpg

I've got exactly the same seats to put in mine. Just sorting out runners. What did you do to mount yours?

I've got exactly the same seats to put in mine. Just sorting out runners. What did you do to mount yours?

Bride RO rails with the rear bar cut out of them. I tried Johns seat rails, and OEM SUpra recaro rails, but Marks were too tricky to get working with universal seat runners, and the OEM Recaro rails just aren't compatible.

The Recaros in the top pic are from an Evo 5 gsr the silver grey finish centres evo 6s have a blue finish and maks have red centres depending on ur car colour u have a decent choice made myself an office chair out of my old evo 5 seats lol I have one passenger side one left if u can find a drivers one u can have it mate.

Bride rails would certainly be better, dont know how low down they position the seats though

They are so low the seats are slightly pressed into the carpet below... it would be impossible to mount them any lower without removing the carpet.