The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aircon Parts

Fulcrum2000

In my ongoing quest to get my 93 JDM TT fully up to spec before going BPU I've been trying to get my aircon working. I had it checked and the condenser was snafoo so after having to import one from the US (kaching) and having it fitted, my mechanic filled the system with UV marked gas and both pipes have leaks on corroded ends - does anyone know where I can get these two pipes, I've even tried Toyota and can only find one. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it so much. Also how do you get a picture on your profile, everyone has their Supe and I want to put mine up but cant find it in the settings anywhere.

Any decent refrigeration engineer can fabricate/change plumbing or replace compression olives. Take it your mechanic isn't a refrigeration engineer, which begs the question where did he get the gas from as you have to be a certified refrigeration engineer since 2015 to buy refrigerant in cylinders.

Any decent refrigeration engineer can fabricate/change plumbing or replace compression olives. Take it your mechanic isn't a refrigeration engineer, which begs the question where did he get the gas from as you have to be a certified refrigeration engineer since 2015 to buy refrigerant in cylinders.

Maybe he bought a refill can from halfords [emoji39]

Get them off keron.

You can be a certified refrigeration engineer and change pipes, change parts and gas/empty cars and not be able to make up new pipes. All of us at work are certified but don't have the equipment to make hoses. We just use new parts or get them made up at pirtek. Which by the way would be your alternative if you can't get a hose from keron....local pirtek will make you one.

Get them off keron.

You can be a certified refrigeration engineer and change pipes, change parts and gas/empty cars and not be able to make up new pipes. All of us at work are certified but don't have the equipment to make hoses. We just use new parts or get them made up at pirtek. Which by the way would be your alternative if you can't get a hose from keron....local pirtek will make you one.

[emoji40] [emoji32] [emoji33] yuk pirtek !!!!!! 😉

Yes, just to confirm my garage are of course certified they're the only one where I live that will touch a Supe too, all the others seem terrified. As I bring mine up to spec I'm trying to use genuine parts as much as humanly possible even if it means importing though. Who is Keron, I assume he's on here?

pipes.jpg