The mkiv Supra Owners Club

U.K. Spec tt auto

Guest Razo

Guest Razo

Hi Guys

What the going price for a 94 U.K. Spec auto tt with 95k

Miles good service history needs new rear shocks what's it worth?

Guest Razo

Yea good point standard apart from the wheels

He has the original wheels in perfect condition.

The interior dash is in excellent condition with a bit of wear to the drivers seat.

What would I be expected to pay ?

Guest Razo

The same Kerper for the past 20 years

Cam belt done 20k ago replaced with gates belt.

Has extensive history regular oil changes.

Looks good underneath surface rust on the suspension arms.

Everywhere looks clean original paint and bodywork.

Breaks and pads are good.

Needs rear shocks has leather cream interior electric seats has original exhaust system it's looks new.

Ask the seller if any major work done or parts replaced, at this age with nearly 100k on the clock i'd be

concerned about the condition of the valve stem seals, smic, water rad, diff cooler, brake calipers, heater matrix for starters.

Guest Razo

I'm looking to but it I viewed it last week I didn't get to see the car started from cold so can't confirm if it needs valve stem seals.

The car is located in Ireland he originally had the car up for 20k euros it's now up for 17k I have him down another few grand.

My plan would be to go single and maybe a paint job to black.

My plan was to go view it again tomorrow and see it cold started to make sure it's not go issues with the valve stem seals and hopefully bring it home just wanted to make sure I wasn't paying over the odds for it that's all.

Have a read of this (http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?67644-What-to-check-when-buying-a-Supra) and take a copy with you when you go to look at the car.

As it's a UK spec you really need to get the car up in the air to throughly check the underside as you could be buying something with a whole heap of problems. The prices of replacement OEM parts are rocketing to eye watering levels.

As Dunk said

Ask the seller if any major work done or parts replaced, at this age with nearly 100k on the clock i'd be

concerned about the condition of the valve stem seals, smic, water rad, diff cooler, brake calipers, heater matrix for starters.

I'd also be wanting a compression test then a leakdown test done.

Out of interest what cars have you owned before?

Guest Razo

I have a supercharged E92 m3 and a r33 GTR Vspec my M3 is in the picture with the supra I like the auto in the supra it's very smooth and that's what has me swaying towards it.

For me to buy a car in the uk there would be at least 4K VRT on top of the price of the car.

Well if the valve stem seals haven't been replaced they will need doing in the near future, my UK auto at 100k didn't smoke too much

on cold start but the seals were scrap when we changed them.

Also at a similar mileage but several years ago, the smic fins crumbled to dust, brake caliper seals perished requiring full refurb or new calipers, water rad failed, heater matrix failed , diff cooler fell apart, same goes for suspension arms, they can pass the mot but you'll find the eccentric adjusters will be seized solid in the bushes, you dont find this out till you try to adjust the camber, caster or toe

Lots of the above items you'll find are no longer available so i'd be looking through the sellers history to see exactly what has or has not been replaced before making any offers

Also if your planing on going single the box will massively restrict the power you can go to, especially

an old box with 100k on it, go bpu and it'll safely put you to around the 400 mark depending how nice

the engine/turbos

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)