The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Negative terminal/earth strap points

jackso11

Can anybody confirm where the earth/negative cable attaches to that comes straight from the battery? I am rebuilding me front end and can't work out where the 2 points bolt down. I have the negative cable coming from the battery and going back towards the back of the engine bay and about 30cm from the battery there is a loop to bolt it down, then again another loop about 30 cm further back.

Pictures would be really helpful :)

Longer one attaches to the lower engine block and the shorter one to the chassis leg

Thanks Budz. The shorter one doesn't have an end on it and I can't see a clamp. I dont remember taking anything off the end but it was over a year ago, whereabouts should I be putting it? and do I need to put an end on it?

The longer one has another loop coming off it a bit further back than the oil filter, where does that one go?

• 1 month later...

Ok so it seems the shorter one is actually the positive to the battery! I now have basically the more that comes off the negative battery terminal ad has a loop to bolt down almost straight away (about 8" from battery) and then the same cable terminates with a loop somewhere close the the oil filter. Anyone help me out with a photo please.....

I was doing my engine mounts a while back and removed this earth to gain more room to swing my ratchet, I can't remember exactly where but it was nearer the front bumper than the oil filter housing but slightly behind the steering rack and very close to the aircon compressor, there must be a hole in that area, mine had a loop end and bolt through it into the block.

I found a hole and bolted it to the block, but I don't think it's the one that it came out of as the marks on the loop on the wire look like they had a bigger bolt through it originally, bigger than can fit in the hole I found.

I would ideally like to know where it should be if you could have a look please Rob :)

Typically I don't have any supras in the shop at the moment and all that are booked in over the next few months are NA's!