The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How Much!

Annabella

What exactly is an appropriate price for various specs nowadays? Assuming they are of fair working condition with a fresh MOT.

Prices just seem to be skyrocketing and I can't keep up. I remember 2-3 years ago you would see TT autos advertised for less that 7k.

And therein lies the point that I keep reiterating and then people deny and then threads like these appear. Supra market entirely self inflated......

/QUOTE]

As someone who doesnt plan on selling his, I'd hate for these to keep going up at this rate. Prices seem to have doubled over the past few years.

As someone who doesnt plan on selling his, I'd hate for these to keep going up at this rate. Prices seem to have doubled over the past few years.

I dont plan on selling mine either but it has to be admitted the price of cars and parts are just ridiculous at the moment. There are some true shitheaps for sale for a fortune. Only the really special stuff is worth the money as a "future classic" but most of the ones for sale are either rotten, badly maintained or completely riced out or all of the above. Most of the truely worth it cars that i know of on the forum or elsewhere arent for sale. In my opinion 90% of the stuff for sale at the moment is people trying to cash in on a craze and hoping their heaps will sell for a fortune.

And therein lies the point that I keep reiterating and then people deny and then threads like these appear. Supra market entirely self inflated......

/QUOTE]

Importers are selling Supras for more money as they're buying them for more money in Japan now. So if they're charging more for a Supra, then naturally private sellers will follow suit.

Why do you not want the price to go up? If you don't plan on selling and then one day you do. The price will have gone up and you won't have made a loss like on most cars.

Importers are selling Supras for more money as they're buying them for more money in Japan now. So if they're charging more for a Supra, then naturally private sellers will follow suit.

Why do you not want the price to go up? If you don't plan on selling and then one day you do. The price will have gone up and you won't have made a loss like on most cars.

Yes but importers are traders. Jurgens prices actually seem reasonable now and thats saying something lol trade cars come with other benefits like they've been checked out, they must legally come with warranty and you have someone to turn to so the premium they charge actually means something.

Why should private sellers think that they can trade at the same money with none of the benefits?

More than likely because the price of parts also follow suit as they are increasing. this will also be down to most parts are discontinued, as well as supply and demand.

price can keep going as I dont plan to sell but theirs always going to be a price that makes you think you can do alot with the money that will benefit the family.

Puts the price of parts up. Not to mention that should something ever happen to my car I'd have to convince my insurance company to fork out the money to buy another one.

/QUOTE]

That's how every market works. Why do you think prices rise? Do you think customers offer more than the sale price, and that's how prices increase?

People naturally want to get the most for their car, that is just basic common sense.

However, feel free to stick your car up for sale for a fraction of what others are going on the market for, see how happy you'll feel when it sells when you could have got more.

That's how every market works. Why do you think prices rise? Do you think customers offer more than the sale price, and that's how prices increase?

People naturally want to get the most for their car, that is just basic common sense.

However, feel free to stick your car up for sale for a fraction of what others are going on the market for, see how happy you'll feel when it sells when you could have got more.

Yes but the cars arent selling for that hence the price point is wrong. When was the last time you saw a roughish NA auto sell for 6.5k or an average tt auto sell for 15k?.

Like all things there are exceptions for the really clean stuff as Ive stated before but by and large the vast majority of cars arent selling for anywhere near that money.

And i wouldnt include my own car in that analysis because mine is a UK 6 Speed single at nearly 800bhp so its not going to fall within the median range of cars people are referring to.

In exactly the same way I wouldnt include your own car in that analysis as I know yours is a really clean example, well specd and well cared for.

Im not carpet bombing here, it is a specific analysis.

Edited by np89 (see edit history)

Guest Suprauk2

I have just sold my UK auto tt for very close the listing price ..took 5 weeks but people will pay for cars in good condition and history. So not sure why people dont think they cannot sell for than 15k they can .....

I have just sold my UK auto tt for very close the listing price ..took 5 weeks but people will pay for cars in good condition and history. So not sure why people dont think they cannot sell for than 15k they can .....

Yes you have just made my point. I'd dare say your UK TT Auto is neither rough nor badly modded/maintained. Would I be right?

Absolutely the cars in good condition and good history will absolutely sell but at the other end of the spectrum the sellers flogging the ebay or fb specials are complete dreamers.

Yes but the cars arent selling for that hence the price point is wrong. When was the last time you saw a roughish NA auto sell for 6.5k or an average tt auto sell for 15k?.

Like all things there are exceptions for the really clean stuff as Ive stated before but by and large the vast majority of cars arent selling for anywhere near that money.

And i wouldnt include my own car in that analysis because mine is a UK 6 Speed single at nearly 800bhp so its not going to fall within the median range of cars people are referring to.

In exactly the same way I wouldnt include your own car in that analysis as I know yours is a really clean example, well specd and well cared for.

Im not carpet bombing here, it is a specific analysis.

/QUOTE]

Thing is, you didn't specify this car, you made a blanket statement about the market being self inflated. So, you put your car up for sale for £15k, and that will help stop the prices being pushed up. Or is it only other people who are allowed to want good money for their cars?

I agree, this particular car isn t very nice, and IMO it is too expensive (should be more like £4k imo) but he has every right to try and get the most he can for that car.

Thing is, you didn't specify this car, you made a blanket statement about the market being self inflated. So, you put your car up for sale for £15k, and that will help stop the prices being pushed up. Or is it only other people who are allowed to want good money for their cars?

I agree, this particular car isn t very nice, and IMO it is too expensive (should be more like £4k imo) but he has every right to try and get the most he can for that car.

Absolutely but that doesnt make his price a product of supply and demand hence the underlying statement of self inflation because he is trying to get as much as he can for a car thats realistically 4k's worth by your own admission.

Guest Suprauk2

Discussion like this are pointless... i can now buy my nsx at a price the most people is riduculous for an even slower japanese relic ..but its what the market has moved onto for good cars and i am happy to pay ...if the someone buys the ebay car for whatever price then good for the seller and buyer as they both get what they wanted...the buyers checklist is here for all to read...

Ps..JSA i think your car worth the money good luck with your ssale