The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pulled... (over) !

Gerry

Went down to Cornwall last week.

The A30 is a brill road, dual carriageway most of the way, minimum Gatso's and once past Devon not much traffic (in the winter) !

We passed a traffic cop who had pulled someone over, and made a mental note to keep an extra eye out behind.

About five mimutes later notice him coming tearing down the road behind us, so slowed to 59 GPS - he tucks in close behind us much to my discomfort :(

He stays there for about two / three mins before his lights go on and I pull over :eek:

I get out and greet him with "and I thought I was being really good as well" !

he siad that I was, but he had run a check and the car was registered to a cleaning machinery company and they usually had vans !

Phew !!!

Quick check of my docs (not my licence as it's not pretty) and he's happy.

Told me to watch out later for the ice as I wouldn't want to bend such a nice car (at that he patted it, and left with a wave) Bless.....

What a very nice policeman :respekt:

Carried on the rest of the way at warp-speed overtaking all the traffic that passed us thinking I had been "done" !

Doesn't sound funny now, but at the time it went from "shit" to "smile" in two minutes !

Close one!!

Not all coppers are bad!

Very true, I've had very few dealings with the plod, but all police officers I have met have been friendly and polite. The ones that dealt with my (2x) home break-in's were sympathetic and understanding, plus had some great advice for future home security!!

I got pulled over a few months ago for a blatant speeding offence, (70odd in a 40 limit duel carriage way) but the guy only said "that’s a beast of a car, take it a little easier from now on, and don't dent it". Unfortunately a month later I did exactly that ! :(

a copper telling me that if I'm in town that night, give him a shout and he'll buy me a pint lol

:limp: he obviously likes you Steve!

yeah its great when the police are nice, polite and British...

Its nice the Softly Softly...approach is back in fashion!

I have to say most police that have pulled me ever have been ok.....I've been let off speeding tickets too....

.....but hey...now I said that I'll prob get pulled and done for speeding by a misery guts who's wife left him the night before.....

Def notice an improvement in attitude from the ole bill over the years!

:respekt:

i have found most of them to be polite and pleasant apart from one who had obviously just passed his exams( looked about 12 yrs old) he was an officious git, who just walked around my car trying very hard to find something to get me on!! Then told me to go on my way and not speed, when he stopped me i was being very legal as well???? so i guess it is a lottery with them like everything else in life eh??

Sheena :D