The mkiv Supra Owners Club

White Diamond Metal Polish??

a98pmalcolm

I bought a few different metal polishes whilst trying to remove the heavy tarnishing off my blitz split rim lips, white diamond, peek, autoglym and autosol.

For light tarnishing white diamond is fine, however it wouldn't touch the tarnish on my split rim lips. The only thing that did the trick was autosol, worked great, far superior than the rest.

White diamond smells nice but it's not worth the extra money over the rest.

Thanks for that Marty, I was looking for something that will bring up a real shine.

Here's a little comparison for you, both using the same amount of elbow grease.. first one the wheel is only partially done, exhaust was pretty clean to start off with but gives you an idea..

Autosol..

White diamond..

Edited by Marty (see edit history)

Any metal polish is good, just the varying abrasiveness of them.

Britemax twins is good as you get a gentle and tough polish.

Autosol is just as good, as with all metal polishes it goes down to the amount of graft you put in, it's never just easy.

Autosol and White Diamond are not the same , one is a finishing polish the other is abrasive used to remove oxidation, corrosion, stains

Use Autosol if White Diamond wont cut it , if you just refurb'ed you polished lips , Autosol is too abrasive