The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Washer Bottle Pump Pressure Issue

a98pmalcolm

Hey all..

Ok so a while back now I relocated my washer bottle to my boot.

Ever since them I have had the lamest spray.

I bought the Lexus IS200 fan pattern jets, used a fresh line through out the car, routed the washer line through the fiberglass bonnet so the line isn't clamping anywhere and still the water drizzles just above were the windscreen wipers sit when they are off.

I have tried a few pumps and as there all designed to sit a couple of feet away from the jets they just aren't powerful enough to get a good spray if at all, the best pump was the one that came in the kit I bought.

Does anyone that has done this have this issue? Or have an idea were I could get a super strong pump from?

This is the kit I used:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160186-NEW-UNIVERSAL-12-VOLT-12V-WINDSCREEN-WASHER-BOTTLE-KIT-PUMP-JETS-SWITCH-/282152585487?hash=item41b19ac90f:g:cisAAOSwLVZVwnn-

I bought the same kit as that, the stoc one had to go after my intake manifold and pipework went on, i test fitted in the boot i couldnt even get any spray at all from the jets, it just trickles out lol

Glad i never went through the hassle of properly mounting it and running the hose, wires etc

I plan to just mount it somewhere at the front of the car now seeing as its small enough

Thanks for the reply Lee

I did try that but no luck. It seems worse than the pump thats on there, will retry it.

Can you not replace the feed from the pump to the jets with a smaller gauge to increase pressure that way ? Sure it's not leaking or got a kink in the hose ?