The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Keighley trade cantre????

Guest bolski

Guest bolski

hi im new to this site. And im after my first supra tt 6speed and would like to no if this place ^^^^^^^^ are a good place to dill with coz they have so good price's.. cheers

There are loads and loads of bad reviews about the place.

I have been once and wasnt over impressed. The cars just looked generally tatty which is why they are generally cheap.

There is one in this weeks trader

93 TT 6 speed 30000 miles, bodykit, 18"s, coilovers +more. All for £7995.

Im sure that everyone will agree. A car with that spec would have to be a real dog for that kind of money.

Just my say :thanks:

Yup, I would advise you to stay away from them. I travelled 5 hours to get to them only to find 90% of their cars are tatty.

They wouldn't budge on the price for the car I was after even though I found lots of things wrong with it

I have been looking for a TT 6spd and found the garage you mentioned in Autotrader. Saw a car that I really liked the look of and gave them a call. They were like "yeh I know the car your talking about", and started describing it.

I then asked if it had a BIMTA report and they were like " ahh.. actually I think the car you are talking about is being sold on Sunday..."

Having aleady been caught by an import that had been clocked :swear: I would recommend to anyone buying an imported vehicle that they get a BIMTA report done (£30 - £40) it tends to reveal dodgie traders (not saying that this garage is dodgie...but it was a bit of a strange response)... easier to sell the vehicle on at a later stage as well.

A car I had in here for work came from there, and unbeknown to the customer it was an automatic when it left Toyota, and a partly converted manual when it left Keighley. Whether they "converted" it or it was done elsewhere, I don't know, but as you can imagine the new owner wasn't too chuffed. Be VERY careful!!!!

I took a trip down there today with a Mechanic friend of mine after seeing on their website that they had a few Skylines going cheap(ish) one of which looked q nice. I gave them a call and spoke to one of the guys there about the car and he was pretty helpfull to be honest and when I asked about its condition bodywork wise told me that the front spoiler "could probably do with a bit of paint" but other than that the car was "101%". As soon as I got there I saw the car in question and even from 50 yards in the pissing rain it was clear that it was more like 51% that 101% with the car being tatty all round. The front spoiler if anything needing removing, repairing, repainting and refitting such was the shabby state of it's fitment / finish. A few cars further along there was another Skyline and this one had the entire left front of its spoiler swinging freely in the wind !!. Moving inside we started to look around the pricier and supposedly better cars and most (with the exception of a few nice EVOs) were really tatty to say the least. Some had mismatched tyres and of the ones which were unlocked nearly all of them had exposed wires from badly fitted / removed extras / guages, interiors on most were also heavily worn /damaged especially taking into consideration the low recorded millages. All in all a bit of a dissapointing / wasted journey which if anything only served me any pleasure in making my Supra look immaculate in every way and going by their pricing policy is probably worth about £30k !!.

Been a couple of times, and neither time was impressed. I think that you will find that this will be the general concensus of opinion.

Unfortunately you tend to get what you pay for!!

Did you see the yellow 300zx when you were there ?. It's still making me giggle to myself now just thinking about it :p !!.

I've been there twice in the last few months and every time I go I still can't believe the cars look so bad. cars with paint jobs sanded with 40 grit paper and then sparyed over raw, just increadible.

I saw one sup with a busted out passenger airbag - it had been fixed back in place by wire, stitched through the dashboard and through the cover, just hanging like a flap.

For someone not 110% clued up on everything sup (and that includes me) I'd say the cars were a potential diasaster in the waiting. They don't really say much when asked questions. I guess the less said the better as far as they are concerned!

After I bought my first sup I saw some single T78's go through for 11 and 12. Maybe there will be a bargin going through there one day - although all the good evos are expensive, so probably not.

People do buy them though, although many have been there for 4 months +.

I saw one sup with a busted out passenger airbag - it had been fixed back in place by wire, stitched through the dashboard and through the cover, just hanging like a flap.

It's still there, I knew there was something I forgot to mention !!!. It's not as if being a passenger in a Supra isn't bad enough at best of times eh :tongue: . Oh and how about the Skyline with the painted over sellotaped :taped: up (I kid you not !!) front spoiler repair !!!!.

Yeah, that was classic - at least they tried to use the same coloured tape as the bodywork. If I hadn't driven all the way there (and the place is about as inacessible as they get) I'd have spent my whole time laughing.

There was also an evo with the wing-miror missing and the bare wires hanging out of the casing - they should have used the gaffer tape on the bare wires instead!

I saw some cars there that I wouldn't have dared turn over for fear of exploding. I'd have had him start it and I'd be behind a wall on one leg with fingers in ears!

would you say that they are selling cars that wouldn't pass an MOT?

If so then get onto local trading standards, cos if they are then they need puttin out of business.

I've never been there or likely to go there but if you have and its that bad then a nod in the right direction.....

dont think its that bad the cars are just tatty

cracked bumpers and side skirts, dents, knobs missing inside and they could all do with a damm good clean on the inside.

to be fair prices arnt hight and at least they not hiding anything, you but it warts an all.

A mate of mine went down a couple of weeks ago to buy a GT4..... he had the usual phone conversation and the salesman said the car was in pristene condition.

My mate got there and as soon as he saw the car it looked as though it had been driven over by a monster truck.... well ok it wasn't that bad but for the price and from what the salesman had told him he was obviously trying to pull a fast one !!

The best part was that the salesman told him he couldn't even take the car for a drive !! How is somebody supposed to buy a car and not drive it first?

My mate came back and all he said about the place was that it is DODGEY !!

yep heard sooooooo many bad reports...bin down a coupla times when i have been driving past... there are a couple of good cars..but there seem to be a few rough one slol... there presentation aint great lol...

AJI - where abouts in cumbria are you mate..im in kirkby lonsdale/ngleton/settle do ya get down this way much???

Noticed the lakes trip ya had on ya site..looked a great day..we did a similar trip with a few dscoobs (dales run ) is the trip planned for this year.. wouldnt mind joinging you your prettly close..are there many of ya up this way??? pretty new to the supra scene!

all the best

matt

Dales Run Pic I was in clio cup lol

Guest Gunmetal
went last weekend and can only agree with whats been said tatty cars (grade 3 he told me).

that said if you want an evo or scooby (well some must) they got some real tidy ones.

btw anyone see that yellow s2000 pmsl why o why

I wnt last year to look at an Evo 5 TIDY i parked up looked at it thru the car window as it was in the showroom :D it was Sh*t from forty foot away so just drove off

Stu