The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance for a 20 year old

Guest crouchy

Guest crouchy

Does anyone no if there is any chance of me getting insured on a supra. I no that the twin turbo is out of the question but what about a N/A. I have tried asking my current insurer (tesco's) but they say that they wont insure me. If you think there is a chance can u tell me the name of any insurance company that might be willing to insure me. I know i probably sound like a bit of a dreamer but we all have dreams dont we. :rolleyes: Thanks

There's a number of members here who are around your age. If you shop around you're certain to get a few quotes, it won't be cheap though :(

If you've been driving since 17 and have a clean(ish) license and some no claims that'll go a long way!

Check out the club insurance scheme (Sky Insurance), I hear they can be quite competitive.

BTW: Don't rule out the TT, they can often be cheaper to insure that the NA's. Crazy, but true!

Oh, and Welcome :)

ask whitesupraboy2 mate, he's still a baby and drives an NA. Homer's right by the way, the NA is gonna be more expensive than a UK spec twin turbo. there's been a few auto UK TTs for sale recently.

im with elephant, 22 with 1yrs NCB, insured on a UKTT with exhaust, bodykit, wheels and respray declared, brother and dad on insurance (but never to drive!), payin £1250 fully comp. was a grand without and mods. just hope i never have to claim because elephant have a reputation for being difficult! :limp:

Guest crouchy
im 20 and im with admiral, it might be alot of ££££ though.

If u dont mind me asking how much do you pay. I have been driving since i was 17 but have always been on my dads insurance until now (renewal next month), however i have had no accidents and have no points on my license.

I would say you would be looking at a good amount. If you have always been on your dads insurance you wont have any no claims so it doesnt really matter how long you have been driving.

Im 21 and insure a TT. Im well in 4 figures (starting with a 2 :tumble: ) with 4 years no claims and 2x sp30`s

Dont take me as a good example as i do pay well over the odds due to the fact of me not wanting to change insurance companies half way through a years policy.

All been well though i will very soon have my 5 years no claims and might start getting a bit cheaper.

Buy a TT (or atleast get quotes for the NA and TT) you will probably find they wont be that much in them. You only issue then is the TT will probably cost more to buy

Good luck :thumbs:

Only way you'll be able to get insurance cheapish is to wait till your 21 and to get yourself a UK car, I very much dought you'll have any luck with no ncb, believe me I tried from 19 with 2 years ncb, but now at 21 I'm paying 1k with admiral on a jap tt.

Does anyone no if there is any chance of me getting insured on a supra. I no that the twin turbo is out of the question but what about a N/A. I have tried asking my current insurer (tesco's) but they say that they wont insure me. If you think there is a chance can u tell me the name of any insurance company that might be willing to insure me. I know i probably sound like a bit of a dreamer but we all have dreams dont we. :rolleyes: Thanks

as the others said your best bet is to go for a uktt (highest spec, lowest insurance!!,, hmm how does that work, weird eghh!), even if you they are hard to get hold of, a little trick.......try this one, put ur mum on your insurance.. it bought my insurance down by about 600 quid!! :tongue: give it a try youl be suprised!!! im with elephant and got fully comp. for under £1200!! :read:

Guest crouchy

i tried Flux and they told me that i had to own th car for a year before they would insure me. I also tried elephant and admiral and neither of them would quote. God knows how some of you got insurance with these companies but i think ill just wait until next year. Its only 1 year after all.

Guest crouchy

Im not 21 until next January. Ill probably not get 1 until the middle of next year though because i want to make sure i buy the right 1. I want a good low mileage example. Its goin to be a big change from my current car though (New MINI) :) .