The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another what's it worth but the car is dead

mike33

Hi guys just out of interest I just wanted to know what sort of money a n/a auto areotop 33,000 miles and fresh import! Complete respray and mint inside and out made to look face-lift. As you guys know the car is scrap but insurance are being a bit funny so just wanted to see what you guys would think it would have been worth!

FB_IMG_1490807209370.jpg

FB_IMG_1487540205908.jpg

Hi guys just out of interest I just wanted to know what sort of money a n/a auto areotop 33,000 miles and fresh import! Complete respray and mint inside and out made to look face-lift. As you guys know the car is scrap but insurance are being a bit funny so just wanted to see what you guys would think it would have been worth!

[emoji22]

This is why people need to move to agreed value on Supras ASAP.

There is an aero on eBay for £20k at the moment. Send them a copy of that ad to get them thinking. I'd venture they aren't going to know the brand sufficiently well to tell what adds value and what doesn't. But, if they are running the rule over book prices you'll probably be fighting up from £4k.

I think you'll be best collecting multiple examples and stating why you think its worth that much. I think assessors will look at the overall market, and they will cheap and pricier examples, but you need to tell them why yours demands more of a premium over something cheaper, with proof to back it up.

I think you'll be best collecting multiple examples and stating why you think its worth that much. I think assessors will look at the overall market, and they will cheap and pricier examples, but you need to tell them why yours demands more of a premium over something cheaper, with proof to back it up.

This. Most sensible most and totally agree.

Cheers chaps for your help I have done everything what people have said! I won't insure my next supra with admiral! I will use a company that gives me a guarantee pay out! But thanks again for everyone's input much appreciated

I insured my old supra with admiral, and my new one. They were good to deal with, just keep pushing and send them a link or 2 to similar supras to yours at a decent price and they'll pay up. When I wrote off my old 2001 TT auto they paid out 11k for it last June, which was a good price at the time (since I paid 9.5k for it 6 months previous).

They offered me what I paid for it, but I just bartered and said I wouldn't accept it, and I wanted 11k. And they gave it to me.

Cheers chaps for your help I have done everything what people have said! I won't insure my next supra with admiral! I will use a company that gives me a guarantee pay out! But thanks again for everyone's input much appreciated

Admiral do an agreed value policy where it actually states in black & white what your car is covered for, i have one

at the moment with them for my RRC