The mkiv Supra Owners Club

#Round 2... The making of a brand new Supra

Carbon_Bullet

Welcome to my thread, which hopefully will be a lot more detailed than my last, I personally think I own an awesome Supra already, which I can drive and enjoy, however part of the fun is being in the garage building something, I've recently purchased a second supra, nothing special As it's a 1996 Facelift NA auto, it was a Barn find in north wales and I feel with the current market values I got it for a bargain at £XXXX

With this supra I'm not doing body kits & spoilers, I'm going for the Op Stock look with nice wheels and a Lip, currently torn between RSP & Anthricate colour wise, but spraying it is months away.

Bonus side of this purchase is the interior except driver seat is in outstanding condition as the previous owner only used it to go to work and back, another plus is it came with UK spec discs & Calipers.

So future plan is to strip it down, recondition the subframes, fresh underseal, replace anything over worn, spray the exterior, spray engine bay black, windows out,

I don't intend on going single turbo with it, but then again I have been looking at VVTI TT engines & Titan auto boxes, all depends on what money I have spare.

Few things I've already purchased for the car are :-

Uk Spec Bonnet

Uk spec rear bumper

S2000 aerial

Facelift headlights (current ones where prefacelift :/ )

New Clear side indicators

New clear front indicators

Fuel tank cover

New UK spec front and rear Brake pads

V2 urethane earless Lip

Still on the prowl for :-

BC or TIEN coilovers

18" alloys - been looking at the XXR & JR lately

How the car sits at the minute

The final look I'm aiming for

Edited by Carbon_Bullet (see edit history)

That blue looks perfect, hard to beat a Supra in blue.

Thinkthe JR10 wheels really suit a Supra, not to in your face and really suit the car! Can't wait to get mine fitted when they do eventually arrive!!

The ones above in blue are CCWs and they look epic.

That will be a nice oem style build Il be doing a similar later this year.

I have the race car look, but at the same time I still like the stick look... why I want to own 2 Supras haha

Nice bud :cool: looking forward to seeing it progress

Me to, good feeling having a new project on the go :)

Neither of those pics have a UK spec bonnet, so I'll take it off your hands for you :D

I know Keron has 1 vent kit left, send him a PM

Subscribed.

Think you got a bargain at £3500.

Plenty of pics please.

Plenty of pics, before & after :thumbs:

Don't go blue! Only because I'm still tempted on mind and it would be near identical to above!!

/QUOTE]

This is why I'm stuck, really wanted an anthricate, but I keep seeing the odd blue one. I'm liking it, then again I'm random as fook, it'll end up deep jewel green

That blue looks perfect, hard to beat a Supra in blue.

Thinkthe JR10 wheels really suit a Supra, not to in your face and really suit the car! Can't wait to get mine fitted when they do eventually arrive!!

Yep, the JR10s are the ones I was looking at, also the XXr 521, same as harleyFMDM but in a gold colour.

This will be a nice build. Subscribed

/QUOTE]

Always good to have an input, thanks for following :)

Supras in 1A1 just look right :)

Rare and unique

Nice project this will be Chris, always love following your builds so will be subscribed to this to see how it turns out and what you do with it.

Choosing the colours will be tough as there both really nice but if it was me I'd be leaning more towards the Anthricate colour. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just took this baby out for a little drive.

I actually really really really enjoyed it. Nice gearbox, comfortable, smooth drive. I actually quite enjoy an auto supra. Who new?!?!

Always had a manual and somewhat frowned upon the autos. I could sell my Audi an use this as a daily haha.

I've recently sold those Rota alloys as I wasn't fond on the offset, an the final look would have been different.

Although I said nice Op Stock supra, I'm looking at those Nur Arches for that fat stock look.... hmmmmmm what should I do.

The Auto is really good, imagine what it's like with 750bhp! :D

I can imagine bailey, although I can recall being ahead of someone on a motorway in another supra

Im glad you sold those rotas!

I'm glad too, was a random buy. Didn't really want them I just bought them haha. However there now gone an I can buy the set I really want

Today's antics,

First mission for me after the purchase was to check what the underneath was like. Don't think it's had an underseal at all :( however the underneath seems alright, subframes are 100% going to need a refurb, along with a good thorough underseal. What was slightly weird is wheel arches seem to have been under sealed, no idea why someone would do a half job.

imageimage

On from that was a headlight refurb. Meguairs headlight kit did a great job, an only took an hour

Edited by Carbon_Bullet (see edit history)