The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Looking to buy my first Supra... HELP!!

Guest Danny Sidbury

Guest Danny Sidbury

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum, here to seek advice on my first supra purchase. I have found one that takes my fancy https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/toyota/supra/stunning-gloss-red-n-a-auto--unmolested-original-classic/5812620

Keen to hear your advice :)

I'm going down to see the car on Friday, so I will be able to tell you more about it then.

You won't hear any advice regarding this car, iirc it's from an area that we aren't allowed to talk about for legal reasons. All you need to do is search "high Wycombe" on here or even google and it will bring you some answers.

What's your budget in regards to a supra? There are plenty nice examples for sale on here at the moment, if you pay the £10 members fee it opens up a world of information and help. You can also post up wanted ads and PM members regarding cars/parts for sale :thumbs:

Welcome 😀 and good luck with the potential purchase of your first supra.

One thing to think about though and im sure i wont be the only one to comment on this is the seller of that supra "Tom Harvey" does not have particularly good reputation among the forum.

He has been known by afew names 'boys toys' and 'paul brown' to name afew. Each time closing down and reopened under a different name.

Afew members have seen their old cars for sale on his page with substantially less mileage from when they owned the car, accident damage covered up etc.

But with that being said, other people have bought cars from him and been very pleased. Abit hit or miss. Not every car he sells will be a lemon, but the lemons he does get he seems to try and cover up.

I have looked at that red supra on his page and tbh it does look very nice, probably one of the nicest supras hes had.. but as mentioned proceed with caution, make sure you hpi check it and go with someone who knows what they are looking at.

Dont be distracted by the shiney paintwork.

Guest Danny Sidbury
Hi Danny what's your budget? For the right price I could be tempted to sell my tt auto.

I have contacted the seller and the particular car that I have linked to is selling for £6995, I think this is reasonable. I don't really want to exceed the £10k mark tbh

- - - Updated - - -

£6995

"Here we have a stunning Supra in the rare sought after colour Gloss red. The car has been owned by a lovely mature lady for the last 5 years been garaged kept with a blanket over it and driven only on sunny days.

Paintwork on this car is in good condition and its a merit to the last keeper that had it professionally detailed every month!!"

My god - you could almost drown in the torrent of BS flowing throughout the ad!!

BS is a understatement I can't understand how I couldn't sell mine for the last 2 months at 4k and it's a black 202 na auto 110k on clock with loads of new parts and leather interior !!! But someone can ask 7k for one that has to be pampered in the advert and looks cheap I hate dealers!

If I were you I'd pay the membership fee and hang around the classified section for the right car. You'll get a much better idea about how much the car is worth and of course other members tend to chime in and praise decent examples. Not to mention that if you wait a little while you could bump your budget up to TT auto prices perhaps.