The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Favour required from facelift TT owner

SimonB

Need a quick favour from someone with a facelift TT. Can you turn your ignition on (but not the engine) and tell me if the boost and temp gauges move to the bottom line on the scale or stay off the bottom if you see what I mean? Can't remember and I need to put my dial needles back on! Doh!

I owe you the trip out to the garage in the cold for the RLTC wiring help :)

First image is the gauges with the ignition off, second pic is with the gauges ignition on and mobilised, but without the engine running.

Temp gauge stays where it is, although I think it actually moves to the current temperature of the coolant but the car is stone cold so it's rock bottom, and probably this is the only way you'd calibrate it.

The boost one moves to the current atmospheric pressure level. The ignition off piccy should give you an idea of where to put the needles anyway...?

-Ian

gaugeposn_ignoff.jpg

gaugeposn_ignon.jpg

The Temp gauge moves from the bottom point when turned off to the first bar of the scale when the ignition is turned on.

The Boost gauge moves from the bottom to approx the 0 point (actually slightly below the zero on mine) The 0 point is at the 9 o'clock position of course.

Edit : ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Cheers Ian. How bizarre, I've never noticed the boost gauge moving up like that. So what is the atmospheric pressure where you are so I can compensate...:p

I made sure the gauges were at their low values before taking the needles off, figuring that I could put them back on in the same place and all would be well. Unfortunately when you take the needles off the spindles move so when you put them back it's all screwy. So I'm having to hook the ignition up and then put the needles on.

Damn, should my warning light come on with the ignition in the middle of the speedo???

Hope not, as it does not light up at all

That speedo is a rev counter Markie mate :D

It should be illuminated when the ignition is turned on and the handbrake is on.

That speedo is a rev counter Markie mate :D

It should be illuminated when the ignition is turned on and the handbrake is on.

So, are you saying that my car does not rev upto 180,000 RPM's :D

I'd better change the bulb for that bugger then.. What is it a warning for? As my engine lights etc are all fine when starting up...

So, are you saying that my car does not rev upto 180,000 RPM's :D

I'd better change the bulb for that bugger then.. What is it a warning for? As my engine lights etc are all fine when starting up...

It's the master warning, it comes on when any other warning does.