The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Im puzzled any ideas???

mjansari

following my earlier post (below) today ive had the following work carried out

1. Front and rear anti squeal shims replaced

2. Front and rear anti rattle springs replaced

3. Edges of brake pads smoothed

4. Copper grease applied

and i am still getting a squealing noise. The squealing is on light braking. What could be causing this? I am now very puzzled? I had the front disc and pads replaced 2 days ago but has not cured the problem

my earlier post below.

Ok, where do I start!

I have UK spec supra. I had a squealing noise on very light braking which I suspected was from the front disc as they was scored and needed replacing.

However today I had the front pads and disk replaced but upon driving the car the noise is still present. What could be causing the problem. The car is going back to Toyota for a replacement guide pin as the current front pins are bent and rusty, Toyota didn’t have these in stock so Ive got to go back? Could this be causing the problem?

I've done a visual check but all seems fine...any ideas? All help would be appreciated especially professional!!!

Cheers

following my earlier post (below) today ive had the following work carried out

1. Front and rear anti squeal shims replaced

2. Front and rear anti rattle springs replaced

3. Edges of brake pads smoothed

4. Copper grease applied

and i am still getting a squealing noise. The squealing is on light braking. What could be causing this? I am now very puzzled? I had the front disc and pads replaced 2 days ago but has not cured the problem

my earlier post below.

Ok, where do I start!

I have UK spec supra. I had a squealing noise on very light braking which I suspected was from the front disc as they was scored and needed replacing.

However today I had the front pads and disk replaced but upon driving the car the noise is still present. What could be causing the problem. The car is going back to Toyota for a replacement guide pin as the current front pins are bent and rusty, Toyota didn’t have these in stock so Ive got to go back? Could this be causing the problem?

I've done a visual check but all seems fine...any ideas? All help would be appreciated especially professional!!!

Cheers

Problem is now sorted took car to a garage and they had a look at the rear pads. It seems as though RGG the authorised Toyota dealer in manchester fitted cheapo non toyota brake pads. I have the original invoice which shows a toyota part number but the brake pads have no toyota stamp or part no on them. Worring...