The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oil?

raddys

This has been done to death, but last night i purchased 6 litres of FUCHS TITAN PRO S 10w50 for my 93 tt BPU.. now my mates going "aint that to thick" which has got me nervous thinking i should have gone for the 5w40.

Its a weekend toy and i dont drive like a granny ;)

Any help much appreciated :)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?56684-FAQ-Oil-Fluid-Interval-Capacity-Steering-Brake-Coolant-Diff-Engine

I've always used 10w40 fully synthetic but the thread above says 10w50 as well so should be fine mate

Yes tbh thats where i got the info on oil when i purchased it. it should be fine as its garaged away in the winter anyway.

Cheers guys

10W/50 is too thick unless you are planning high temperature endurance running. The OE spec is 10w/30 for fuel economy and you should have a sticker on the rocker for 10W/30. 10W/40 is fine if you want to run a higher oil pressure in older engines.

Should probably add I used to formulate engine oils for a living and I interchange the 30 and 40 synthetics dependent on which is on offer when I'm buying.

Edited by rider (see edit history)