The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My experience with Garage Whifbitz NA-T build

Fleemon

Okay guys so I wanted to share my experience with Garage Whifbitz.

Since importing my car from Jurgen in 2015 I’ve really been on the hunt from making my NA into an NA-T. With various emails to and from Paul for a long while, I finally bit the bullet! So I headed to South Wales from East England and left my car there… You can find my car and all the work they did to it here

https://www.facebook.com/pg/garagewhif1/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1288377441216492

I wanted the FMIC look and emailed Paul whether he’d be able to do it, he said yep with some custom work with the intercooler pipework. I thought great and went ahead with it! (I believe they will or are now offering the FMIC with their NA-T kit. It really does look great so I do recommend).

With them posting it on Facebook I could follow the work they were doing etc. which I think is a nice touch! It really did get me excited seeing the progress. Whilst they was doing it they found a few problems with some other parts and asked if I wanted them doing. Which I did get them done also following it all on Facebook. As much as I was gutted because it meant more cash to fix, it was reassuring to know that Paul had his best interest in it, making sure it was going out pretty much faultless.

Anyway, I picked the car up and went through everything with Dan (Paul’s tec). He was such a great help and a sound guy, he has a great knowledge of Supra’s (along with Skylines and more). I then drove it home after 4.5 hours. Wow, what a journey that was :D They truly turned it into a car with a bit of power with 10x better handling and sounds superb! These guys know exactly what they’re doing with tuning!

I can’t tell you guys enough how high the quality of work is. I genuinely believe these guys would never let a car go out of their workshop which had any sort of major fault nor anything slightly wrong (Or at least advise you to change a part – then it’s up to you). I trust Paul and his team 100% with my car. Any more work that I need doing, this is place I’d be ringing first.

A few messages to fellow supra owner’s…

A) Anyone with an NA looking to go NA-T should seriously consider putting the work through Garage Whifbitz, of course the ££££ is more than doing it yourself but I can honestly feel confident driving my NA-T daily without fault. Not so sure if I’d feel the same if I had attempted this built alone. Every single part put on the car is of the up-most quality including the labour.

B) Regardless if you do or don’t have an NA, anyone looking to do any mods, repairs, builds, tuning etc. that either doesn’t have time or are not fantastic with a spanner (myself) get in contact with Paul. They sell pretty much everything (and shiney!!) you’ll need for performance.

Overall dead happy with Paul and his team and would like to thank them once again for the work they did. My car feels like a totally different car and I love it even more now.

There you have it, my happy experience with garage whifbitz!

Cheers guys

Luke

I've always had the philosophy of only handing your car to someone you trust your life with, because ultimately, that's what you are doing. This is exactly the reason I travel to Bolton from Northamptonshire to get work done on my Lexus; Matt there is someone who I would trust my life to in any situation and it's very encouraging that you feel the same way about Whifbitz.

Good to see you got the car you wanted from Paul and the guys mate, it really does transform the car!

Haha, cheers bro! They've done a great job! :)

I've always had the philosophy of only handing your car to someone you trust your life with, because ultimately, that's what you are doing. This is exactly the reason I travel to Bolton from Northamptonshire to get work done on my Lexus; Matt there is someone who I would trust my life to in any situation and it's very encouraging that you feel the same way about Whifbitz.

Absolutely, that's why I'd travel the 4 odd hours again just to get some injectors fitted and mapping! The guys at whifbitz share the same passion as you and I about our cars. :)

Planning to book mine in at Whifbitz this July or August for their NA-T kit... reading this only makes me more excited. Would love to do it myself but I just don't have the skills, tools or patience.. I followed the Facebook posts and your Supra looks amazing!

Thanks man! I'll be keeping an eye out on the FB page for yours too then! :)

• 1 year later...

Hey man.

Just wondering how the conversion is holding up a year or so later?

Any advise you could offer or owt you would do differently?

I also have to agree that Paul @ Whifbitz definitely puts in the work to be approachable when discussing options etc - I must've exchanges at least 50 emails with the guy and he was very patient to be fair.

My NA auto is booked in for the na-t in 2 weeks time so was interested to see how yours was holding up.

BK