The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone running an Overtake Boost button? (O.T.B.)

Tariqd

Hi all,

I was having a look at my boost controller earlier and I noticed I have an O.T.B. button. I have never used this before so done a quick bit of research and found that it is basically a 'push-to-pass' button which increases boost for a short period of time.

My boost controller is a GReddy Profec and I could not find any specific info so I was just wondering if anyone has one of these built in and could give me an idea of how much boost it increases by and for how long?

I am currently running only 0.8 bar of boost on my JDM TT6 so I figured I would find out if this is safe to use before giving it a try, or if I will need a restrictor ring etc (I still have both cats but looking to remove one soon hopefully).

Any info would be much appreciated :)

It's called scramble boost, and can be wired to a button with some boost controllers. To be honest you won't us it, you'll just set the boost controller to the boost you want and leave it there.

You say you already have a boost controller fitted, I wouldn't go raising any boost while you have the cats in! Have a read of the BPU guide, all the info is there, but if you have any questions about what you don't understand then just ask :) http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?94705-BPU-(Basic-Performance-Upgrade)

It's called scramble boost, and can be wired to a button with some boost controllers. To be honest you won't us it, you'll just set the boost controller to the boost you want and leave it there.

You say you already have a boost controller fitted, I wouldn't go raising any boost while you have the cats in! Have a read of the BPU guide, all the info is there, but if you have any questions about what you don't understand then just ask :) http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?94705-BPU-(Basic-Performance-Upgrade)

Cheers pal, I was literally reading through that for the 100th time as I posted this too. What I don't understand is whether you need a Fuel Cut Defender fitted as well as the Restrictor ring for BPU? Or would the Restrictor ring be enough for a single cat removal (second cat)?

Cheers pal, I was literally reading through that for the 100th time as I posted this too. What I don't understand is whether you need a Fuel Cut Defender fitted as well as the Restrictor ring for BPU? Or would the Restrictor ring be enough for a single cat removal (second cat)?

Personally I'd take out both cats and fit a restrictor ring if I was you. You could leave one cat in, but I wouldn't leave the first one.

A fuel cut defender is needed if you are going to be running more than 1 bar of boost, which by the sounds of it is what you plan to do, so yes will need to fit one. Avoid the HKS one and buy a Chris Wilson one. http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?336828-Top-quality-precision-fuel-cut-defenders-(FCD-s)&highlight=fuel+cut

For the decat pipes I would speak to Tim at TB Developments, he's the only supplier I know that makes them with a flexi section, and they actually fit, unlike some others.

Then you will need to buy a larger fuel pump, colder grade spark plugs, and a less restrictive exhaust if you still have the stock one fitted. Again for the fuel pump speak to Tim :thumbs: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?318793-Hello-from-TB-Developments

Not necessarily, but people do recommend it.

I didn't bother, but do have an AFR garage to keep an eye on the fuelling. It always screams off the dial RIIIICCCCHHH! at FOT

OP, read this: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?94705-BPU-(Basic-Performance-Upgrade)

Definitely wise to change a 20 year old pump, and save spending the money on a AFR gauge that you will only check once.

I have a scramble setting on my SARD trigger ebc and once pressed you get a preset time where it'll run that boost, eg it'll show a countdown from 30 sec where it's available if requested, then it'll default back to last selected boost. If I press the accelerator and let off it'll restart the timer. I have it set to 1.4 bar and a bit more aggressive gain, but I don't really use it much, I just leave it on middle boost setting unless it's wet, where I set it to low, or even off.

(WARNING, JSPEC MAX SAFE BOOST 1.2 BAR)

Edited by Marcus GTE (see edit history)