The mkiv Supra Owners Club

European Buyer.

Rajinder

In the near future I will be selling my car to a chap in Romania and if the sale goes through the car will be going to Romania.

This is a request for advice from all the members who have sold their Supra to European buyers, what to look out for any pitfalls and where my obligations ends.

I know which sections to fill out on the V5.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Edited by Rajinder (see edit history)

when i buy cars in uk, i keep all v5c apart the permanent export part, (seller send it to dvla) i fill a paper with date hour, price car vin number and plate and the seller and i sign in two copy one for him one for me. the last time the seller call dvla to have more info and to say that the car will go outside uk..

i have sold few cars and motorcycles to buyers from EU and the only thing they need was V5C and sale agreement with our addresses, car/motorcycle details, price and date of transaction. V561 is only if you don't have v5c.

• 3 weeks later...

Slight issue though - the buyer is trying to insure temporarily to drive the car to Romania the car but neither of the registrations are coming up as valid! Have you transferred the private plate? Is it back on its old plate? Is he confused about what rhe reg is?