The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone doing a summer build

Supraleeturbo

So mines been off the road since September last year after spinning a bearing and is in the safe hands of srd and have a fully built engine, obviously greatness takes time and now am starting to really miss my car now the weather is good and was just wondering if anyone else is have a build and what your having done

Just a bit of fun thread

Not a build really (at all!) but I'm looking forward to the light evening and warmer temps to help me get a few jobs done in relative comfort. Had to tackle some things in the cold and dark outside over the last few months which has been 'testing'!

Again not really a build but got a few things on the list now:

Get the car back from full-repaint and put back together.

Refurb spare dash panels.

Fit Metal Monkey dials.

Add more sound deadening as the interior is currently stripped.

Fit reversing camera.

Fully underseal again.

Shame I never started a build thread, abit too late now.

Waiting on the missus supra coming back from the bodyshop, its in for a full respray and damage repairs, car is being rebuilt from the ground up after it was previously broken for bits, hopefully have hers done in the next 5-6weeks,

Then start the rebuild of mine as a 6speed, single, shes getting my engine, autobox prop, and all the associated bits aswell as facelift lights f&r and a few other bits, mine will be getting new parts as replacements, picking my new tallblock up this weekend for it,

il start a new project thread for my build once it gets underway, infact i might start a thread from when i rebuilt it from a shell a couple years back after she binned my old supra.

My car goes back to sRd soon for final mapping as I've done the engine miles for the run in process :D and few bits and bobs as well as some teething problems.

After that will be sorting interia and enjoying the car through he summer all ready had the roof off more times than it has been on lol.

Recent hose pin hole has made me want to replace all the small diameter water hoses on my stock car. Engine bay needs a tidy, usual white dust on the aluminium bits general dust etc.

My modified facelift one, I've recently done the second engine mount and it's now vibration free. Inside is mint and doesn't need touching, outside is pretty good, but the engine bay is still suffering from old chroming going south but everything is working so well and with limited time I'm ignoring the under bonnet 'look' for the time being (I have regular turbo pipes to swap in not sure what to do with the throttle body side). ideally need to swap in the UK brakes, swapped out the fronts to refurb them, bought brand new UK rears ages ok but not yet swapped them all back on!

Getting there though with no serious downtime on either car so far and I spose there is no real rush!