The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The usual insurance question!

WaLKeRR

So it's that time of year for renewal!! My previous year was around 1000 with all my mods (na-t) and the rest of my mods, so this year it came to renewal oh I'm with adrian flux btw, and it's gone up to 1200, I've haggled and got it to around 1100 not great saying I'm 27 with 9 years now claims almost 10, the only bonus is they will agree the value of 11,000 on my vehicle, but I have said I now do half the mileage (4000) due to another vehicle my question is anyone know of other companies who may insure me with a modified vehicle with the use of other cars etc still or am I stuck with what I've been offered?? Any help appreciated rob

I just took insurance out with Footman James on Saturday and was really surprised!

Im 25.

0 no claims.

Accident last year at fault.

Sp30 with 3 points and £230 fine.

All mods declared.

3000 annual mileage.

Kept in a garage.

Occasionally used to go to work in summer.

£8000 agreed value with buy back protection.

£360!

Just done mine with Adrian flux. All mods na-t 2years Nc with claim . £271

Are you missing a 0? I've got 4 years NBC and when you factor in interest on my payments I'm literally paying 10x as much as you with adrian flux. How do you guys do it? I also have te car down as doing 1500 miles a year

Think it's just pot luck if insurance companies will insure you these days! At the time when I was looking to insure my supra I phoned footman James and tried insuring my car with all mods declared and limited to 5000 miles a year, I'm 41 years old with 15 years NCB and they wouldn't touch me! :blink:

Adrian Flux also quoted me £960 also which I thought was a bit steep still!

In the end I got my car insured with Sky insurance at a cracking price :) I have limited 5000 miles a year, all mods declared and now have an agreed valuation on the car.