The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Speaker/Stereo help

cainhead

Hello,

Found some 6x9 speakers I used to have in my old car and thought I would see what they were like in the supra. Found a helpful thread on fitting them behind the rear speaker brackets and have managed to get them in. Tested drivers side and worked fine so put the trim panel back on. Went to do the other one and when I plug it in, nothing from any speaker at all. The stereo still works etc but not even any white noise. Could I have blown a fuse. Plugged the speaker that I took out back in and still nothing at all. Little bit lost as other than the speakers ive not unplugged anything.

Any help welcome this is driving me mad.

cheers

If the display is working on the stereo, then it isn't a fuse in or for the stereo.

Does your car have a factory amplifier fitted under the passenger seat?

I dont think so. The stereo is a very old Alpine flip out screen and it all plugs into a big AI unit that I have hidden under the passenger seat.