The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear crankshaft oil seal (DIY?)

Supra-love

Anyone attempted replacing this at home?

I've got all the tools needed apart from a lift, but not to confident really.

Srd are due to do some work on the car again soon but wondered if I can save them the hassle and me some £s and cut this job off the list!?

Will change the clutch release bearing at the same time as it's very noisy.

Cheers guys

Is it actually leaking? or is this a long term maintenance thing plan thing. For me it's one of those items that comes under the 'if it aint broke don't fix it items' (or perhaps do it if you are doing a clutch change etc when access is naturally there)

Assuming it's leaking if you are confident of removing the box etc for a clutch/flywheel change ie ok with getting access to the seal then the actual seal replacement is not that involved afaik.

Is it actually leaking? or is this a long term maintenance thing plan thing. For me it's one of those items that comes under the 'if it aint broke don't fix it items' (or perhaps do it if you are doing a clutch change etc when access is naturally there)

Assuming it's leaking if you are confident of removing the box etc for a clutch/flywheel change ie ok with getting access to the seal then the actual seal replacement is not that involved afaik.

Yeap actually leaking, but it's a small leak atm. It's got a rps clutch which works fine, might opt for a light flywheel whilst it's out.