The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Underseal

Adam2jzzz

My car is currently at torque gt (yet to be collected) and I was curious if any of you have had underseal done by them ? If you have any pictures then could you please share so I can see how well it is done. Also I've been given the option of clear or black underseal. If anyone has the clear underseal then could you please share photos just so I have an idea

I had the black underseal, i paid extra for better underseal, but they did not mention about clear underseal.

I regret very much doing it, bcos it is not my daily car. It is in garage most of time, no driving in wet or rain or snow, so it has affect the authentic look, not worth it. Also very messy when doing work under.

I had the black underseal, i paid extra for better underseal, but they did not mention about clear underseal.

I regret very much doing it, bcos it is not my daily car. It is in garage most of time, no driving in wet or rain or snow, so it has affect the authentic look, not worth it. Also very messy when doing work under.

/QUOTE]

With that in mind do you wish you had the clear underseal ?

The steering rod that area to engine bay is open, their black spray mess up lot of things. Airbox, chassis, the bottom of all other parts in engine bay near steering rod/ rack are in a mess.

I have regretted about it very much

/QUOTE]

Who did it ? I suppose it's either that or worrying about rust !

After seeing what goes on underneath underseal I wouldn't ever get another car undersealed. Its nasty what can go on unseen behind underseal.

If its clean underneath why not just hire a ramp once a year and make sure it stays clean by power washing and tackling surface rust as and where it starts. I bought a ramp for myself 2 years ago and the first time I had my cars up there it was several days with each tacking the brown stuff. Just put my 52 year old Mustang on it today and there is nothing to do. Keeping on top of a clean car is easy.

After seeing what goes on underneath underseal I wouldn't ever get another car undersealed. Its nasty what can go on unseen behind underseal.

If its clean underneath why not just hire a ramp once a year and make sure it stays clean by power washing and tackling surface rust as and where it starts. I bought a ramp for myself 2 years ago and the first time I had my cars up there it was several days with each tacking the brown stuff. Just put my 52 year old Mustang on it today and there is nothing to do. Keeping on top of a clean car is easy.

I understand this is an option but if I were to get the clear underseal then I would be able to see anything bad happening underneath. I've instructed them to thoroughly clean the underside as well as leaving it a day to dry out before applying

Torgue gt, i paid 180 gbp for Dinitrol Cavity Wax. After the sticky black stuff underseal, i would never do it again in future, unless it is a car for daily usage

/QUOTE]

Do you have any photos of the work ? Yea that's the option I'm going for but the more expensive option which is the clear stuff

My 944 was undersealed when the suspension was replaced, as mentioned it is important to remove parts rather than spraying over them, it cost £380 if I remember correctly for the job, it looks great as the new parts really stand out, it actually looks like a new car underneath which is not bad for a 35 year old car

My 944 was undersealed when the suspension was replaced, as mentioned it is important to remove parts rather than spraying over them, it cost £380 if I remember correctly for the job, it looks great as the new parts really stand out, it actually looks like a new car underneath which is not bad for a 35 year old car

Who done it for you ? As I said all the brakes, suspension etc will be masked off

Afraid you need to remove parts like Burna is doing with his car otherwise you can't underseal it properly and yep its a lot

of money to do it

As Dunk says to do it properly everything has to be removed, and its a few grand to do it properly.