The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Test fit of my custom made Work CR-2P wheels

Delboy52

Had some Work wheels made up to specification just after Christmas which are now waiting to be fitted.

The wheels are Work CR-2P

Front 9.5j, 18", +25

Rear 11.5j, 18", +18

Not entirely sure if everything will fit as I have wider arches fitted. The rear carbon arches pictured here will be removed and replaced with the same design but in fibreglass before painting this year. Reason being, the carbon ones have been cut and fitted in such a way that the bodyshop I'm using are sure they'll prematurely crack at the blends. So the replacement arches are more complete, going around corners and into shuts of the doors.

So this is today's test fit of an old recovered 285/35/R18 tyre that my friendly local tyre fitter let me have from their pile/mountain. It's the narrowest tyre recommended for an 11.5j and I don't like the stretch that much if I'm honest. Way more than expected but the wheels are already poking out quite a bit.

Will do a further fitment test but with the coilover removed to see if anything catches when I get the next opportunity.

It's tight :blink:

Edited by Delboy52 (see edit history)

So refreshing to see people with quality wheels on, look stunning mate, makes a change from all the Rota trash you normally see. But whats up with the tyres, they look really old? Or scrubbed?

He has borrowed some old tyres to test fit them it seems

They look London lovely mate, I have 11.5j et50 on mine with arches cut which fit perfect but yours do look like they come out quite a bit with that off set

It's booked for a full respray end of this August. Before then I'm hoping to replace all my fuel and brake lines for new, and see if I can have ChrisW align the suspension for the new wheels and tyres when I discover what fits.

Few other things on the go like new rad install, Noz facelift light refurb, retro fit the Lexus/Toyota AC components. Don't know if anyone ever puts the AC back in let alone marry parts between brands.

Test no.2: Remove the coilover and push the wheel up and see if it hits something..

Well it did but not where I was expecting. The top mounting point of my side skirt on the inner edge of the arch is catching the tyre so that is going to get an adjustment. Then another fitment test. This is a 285 tyre which I want to increase to a 295. The bodyshop that is finishing the look is confident they can get some more clearance. +25 would've been better than +18.. Oh well.

Loads of room..

Edited by Delboy52 (see edit history)