The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rolling road figures

Irvy

Have just RR'd my car tonight and managed to get a result

Not knowing exactly what i am looking at...comments would be very welcome!! :rolleyes: nice ones of course!!

what i really want to know is - does this look about right?? I have attached the original from when the car was completely standard...and the after now it has Nurspec, full decat, walbrp. fcd, induction - that'll be the BPU!!! :eyebrows:

presently boosting at 1bar - not really wanting to go any higher :thumbs:

cheers

Irvine

ps...apologies for large files attached - wasnt sure how small to make them whereby they could still be read

Am I reading that right, it only makes 15bhp more at the wheels after decatting and all the other stuff? Hardly seems worth it.

How are you restricting the boost to 1.0bar, restrictor plate or what?

1.2 bar would see a major boost in power, IME.

Welcome to the BPU club though. What diameter is your system if you know?

not sure H

i just remember seeing it from a distance in his hand...couldnt be far of the back pipe diameter on the nur spec...but tbh aint a clue!!

No, but 263 at the wheels is going to be approximately 320 fly bhp, which is what the TT produces (not trying to start a jap v UK war though!!).

Now I'm on 363 at the wheels at basic performance upgrade level which is about 430 fly bhp, therefore an increase of at least 100 bhp.

I'm now on 363 at the wheels
I think you mean 'at the hubs'

There seems to be a quite big difference between figures from Thors hub dyno and figures from a traditional rolling road.

eg my car :

350.5 RHHP at Thor Racing,

301.9 RWHP at Surrey Rolling Road,

Ooh, bad debate to get into (mind you we're already in it I suppose!). That was on different days, different parts of the country, different air, different temperature, different fuel (could be up to 20% difference in ammount of Optimax [for example] in your fuel from 2 different fill-ups!!) different everything except your car.

Agreed though a hub figure will be higher than a wheel figure.

I wouldn't argue my figures that strongly anyway, I got them for the fuel map more than anything, but just saying that a 100bhp rise is believable from BPU.

C'mon, a decat gave you 100bhp? :) Yeah, a decat and boosting to 1.2bar makes the car feel a whole lot better, but 100 horses, at the wheels?!

Drivetrain loss is a percentage anyway, so if you had 263rwhp = 320fwhp that's an 18% drivetrain loss, so if you then got 363rwhp, you've actually got 480fwhp. Which is around what I used to have on my uber hybrids, ducted FMIC, 550's, walbro pump, double decat, E-Manage, 256/264 cams, etc. at 1.4bar boost. Oh what a fool I was to have all that when all I needed was the CW decat pipes... :rolleyes: :music:

This also means you should have a 0-100 time of 9.5secs or so...?

-Ian

Yeah, if you work it out incorrectly it is :p

A bit like I did lol, it's actually 443bhp, I typo'd the numberpad and put in 393 instead of 363 and didn't check my calcs :twak:

I guess you did 363 * 1.18? But you actually want 18% LOSS of the *flywheel* figure so it's 363 / 0.82 = 443.

-Ian

You gonna correct your Sig then? :D :p

That better? :rolleyes:

Anyway I've got a good printout from a run where there were plenty of other people getting similar results, and I'm gonna claim at least a 16% transmission loss (430bhp) and have plenty of pub ammo. :thanku:

And I kept up with a TVR Griffith 500 too which I'm proud of!! :D