The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally bought one! (almost)

muckyman

Hi all

just thought I would say 'hello'.

I've currently got a rev5 MR2 turbo in white, and have hankered after a Supra for about 20 years.

Well, finally its happening!

I was keen on a red aerotop manual turbo that was for sale on here, but as my PM went unanswered I moved on.

I've now bought a white RZ-S from Jurgen (JM Imports), so I'll have two white turbos soon - a MR2 and a Supra. Kind of wish I hadn't sold my white ST205 GT-4 now. Would have been nice to have all three in white.

Only downside is it'll likely be mid May before I take collection of the Supra.

Can't wait!

cheers

Michael

Very nice !

I do miss my Rev 3 MR2 tubby, they were great fun cars but you love the Supra more mate especially when you get it to BPU level

Now for the long wait !

plan is to keep the MR2 also, but if I end up not using it much then I'll just have to sell it :-)

Very nice mate, with todays prices in Japan i bet that was a pretty penny!!

Lovely motor though :)

Wasn't cheap, but I thought it was fair.

Quite happy its only on 54k miles, and its bone stock standard (apart from the stereo). Wonder if I'll keep it standard or start tinkering.....

The way i've seen the prices increasing recently, I really needed to bite the bullet and get myself into one before they went silly high.

Wasn't cheap, but I thought it was fair.

Quite happy its only on 54k miles, and its bone stock standard (apart from the stereo). Wonder if I'll keep it standard or start tinkering.....

The way i've seen the prices increasing recently, I really needed to bite the bullet and get myself into one before they went silly high.

It'd be worth getting a km verification and you can buy a report if one isn't being provided by JM seeing 80k km is low. My Supra came over in 1998 as 2 years old with 27,700k km so its of no little wonder that there are so many 30k to 100k km 20+ year Supras for sale in Japan. Sometimes, it seems like my car was the only one that ever had itself driven in Japan.

I'd expect JM would have been pushing this out around £14k as they don't take the piss with high mark ups. It's one of the most desirable Supra colours and in my opinion the best that should give you years of trouble free motoring and it'll appreciate nicely to.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it immensely.

• 1 month later...

.....only a few more weeks to wait!

Sold the MR2 last weekend, so unfortunately getting the train to work.

Timing would have been near perfect if the boat hadn't been delayed by two weeks, but that's just one of those things.

Cars now been released from the port and I am getting quite excited about the prospect of taking ownership - especially as I joined on here 12 years ago and am only now getting one :-)