The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gauging interest - sell as an un-finished project or break it?

drift_bear

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, just wanting to see if there is much interest in parts if i decide to throw in the towel and stop the build. Going through some set backs just now and its starting to take its toll on me, so only reason i am thinking about this.

I will list everything below along with 2 options if i should break or sell as an un-finished project. All opinions/advice are/is welcome, i have spoke to keron and done some research on prices, so i do have a price list if need be.

**DO NOT PM ME REGARDING PARTS/PRICES! I AM ONLY TRYING TO GAUGE INTEREST**

Option 1

Sell as an unfinished project, all it needs to be finished is the following :-

• Clutch
  • Flywheel
  • Fitting engine and box
  • Rear seat delete needs finished
  • Mapping
  • Build the engine if need be (can supply all brand new parts)

What would i price it as?

Option 2

Break for parts :-

Full Shell - rolling (inc suspension, glass, wheels, dash, carpet and looms)

Front Bumper

Rear Bumper

OEM Side Skirts

OEM Spats

Doors

Windscreen

Rear screen

Rear 1/4 windows

Uk spec bonnet

OEM facelift headlights (brand new)

OEM facelift rear lights

OEM facelift indicator and sidelights (brand new)

OEM front wings (pre-facelift)

Q45 90mm Throttle Body

Asnu 1000cc Injectors

Blitz dump valve (on intercooler hardpipe)

Blitz LM FMIC

Engine oil cooler kit

Stainless fuse box cover

Stainless radiator plate

Chromed radiator clamps

"2JZ No Shit" billet engine cover

Clear cam cover

Polished engine cover

Polished cam gear cover

HKS pulleys

Polished wing tops

Bosch 044 fuel pump

Walbro 485 fuel pump (still in box)

Top Feed Fuel Rail Kit (whifbitz)

Fuel Flex Sensor

Aeromotive FPR and lines

Replica SRD Intake Manifold Kit (polished and brand new)

SRD Intake Manifold Kit (crackle back)

4" HKS Ti

2.5" Downpipe and 3" midpipe^

Rota Grid Drift (with tyres)

19"x9.5J ET38

19"x10.5J ET20

Eibach lowering springs

Toyota bilstein yellow shocks

UK spec front brakes

Uk spec rear brakes

Goodridge braided bake lines

Toucan Display

Uprated speakers for the front

SRD speaker brackets

Recaro treadline seats

Bride RO sub frames

Toyota Celica steering wheel

Pioneer mp3/ipod/bluetooth single din head unit

Rear roll cage in gold

Purple tanaka 4 point harnesses

TT auto radiator

TT auto altenator

Front window mouldings (drivers and passangers)

**Extra parts**

Do-Luck spoiler (Carbon)

Rocket bunny (Carbon)

ARP Head stud kit

ARP Main stud kit

CP Pistons (86.5mm)

King racing main bearing set

King racing thrust washer set

King racing conrod bearing set

Carrilo H beam rods

Brian Crowler Valve spring set (1mm oversized)

Brian Crowler valve spring and retainer set

Edited by drift_bear (see edit history)

Wtf Alex be such a shame not to finish it off mate

Just getting fed up now dude with the constant set backs and other stuff coming up

If things aren't going to plan can you afford to walk away, take time out and come back to it in a few weeks or months if needs be? Seems a shame to get this far just to give up now.

Just wanting to check my options before I decide

Sorry to hear you're going through problems with the build, Alex.

Just my 2p... finish it. You must be on the final stretch now. It'll be worth all the pain once it's done.

If you can't finish it, I would sell off all the parts you don't need and return the car to BPU TT6. You could even go a step further and return it to an BPU auto. You'd make money on the V160 conversion, for sure.

All of this being said, I can't stress enough to bite down hard and push the build over the finish line.

Good luck mate.

Sorry to hear you're going through problems with the build, Alex.

Just my 2p... finish it. You must be on the final stretch now. It'll be worth all the pain once it's done.

If you can't finish it, I would sell off all the parts you don't need and return the car to BPU TT6. You could even go a step further and return it to an BPU auto. You'd make money on the V160 conversion, for sure.

All of this being said, I can't stress enough to bite down hard and push the build over the finish line.

Good luck mate.

I know just annoyed and etc after today's problems

Never forget dude... ;)

http://i.imgur.com/YCi6Ge1.jpg

Dick :rlol: :rlol:

I know just annoyed and etc after today's problems

Lemsip and a w*nk? That isn't an offer btw :D

In all seriousness you have been working flat out on the car recently. You haven't said what problems you have come across today but you have progressed so far in such a short time, maybe you just need to take a break from the car for a week or two, recharge your batteries then have a think.

Option 3. Keep it, Tenderize it, love it, caress it ;)

We still talking about a car.. lol

Second person this month,

Everyone hits a point an gets annoyed with the build,

Stick it out and finish the bad boy! You'll only regret selling it off

Who else has there been?

Lemsip and a w*nk? That isn't an offer btw :D

In all seriousness you have been working flat out on the car recently. You haven't said what problems you have come across today but you have progressed so far in such a short time, maybe you just need to take a break from the car for a week or two, recharge your batteries then have a think.

I only get 1 day off a week just now, so always constantly trying to get a move on

Honestly mate I know how you feel, if it wasn't for my partner I'd have gotten rid a while ago. Really takes its toll when it seems everyone else's cars/projects go well but yours doesn't. I'm sending mine to SRD again and hopefully it'll be fine but even after I get it back I know I'll have this nagging feeling to leave ownership, that does go when I get behind the wheel though :D. honestly i think you'd kick yourself if you didn't finish it. So just hang in there and get it done :thumbs:

Don't break it! If you can afford to just leave it awhile and set yourself a date to kick back in and go that last stretch to finish it you should.

Everybody gets totally fed up with their build at some point but once it's finished and you're driving down the road turning heads and having people show love for your effort, you'll know it was worth it.

Honestly mate I know how you feel, if it wasn't for my partner I'd have gotten rid a while ago. Really takes its toll when it seems everyone else's cars/projects go well but yours doesn't. I'm sending mine to SRD again and hopefully it'll be fine but even after I get it back I know I'll have this nagging feeling to leave ownership, that does go when I get behind the wheel though :D. honestly i think you'd kick yourself if you didn't finish it. So just hang in there and get it done :thumbs:

I've got a good bunch of mates that won't let me break tbh :hide:

Man up and finish it.

It's your fault, I still fancy an R35 and seeing your new toy doesn't help Mike lol

Don't break it! If you can afford to just leave it awhile and set yourself a date to kick back in and go that last stretch to finish it you should.

Everybody gets totally fed up with their build at some point but once it's finished and you're driving down the road turning heads and having people show love for your effort, you'll know it was worth it.

/QUOTE]

I've spoke to Lee about sorting out the last few little bits I need, so see what happens

You missed the preface option, leave the bastard thing alone and enjoy it! You loved that car when it was flex fuel and silver, should have left it alone.

Now you're into the realms of breaking it if you want to get anywhere near the amount of cash you put into it :/