The mkiv Supra Owners Club

6NO Spray Paint

foggy147

Could anyone recommend the best place to get touch up spray in 6NO? There are a few tiny rust spots around the back window that I'd like to get sorted and wanted to match up the correct paint.

When I spoke with Baldy he said there are two variations of this colour, a lighter one and a darker. I was also told one of these two also has more fleck in the colour.

• 1 month later...

Just buy it from toyota for the correct shade, give them the paint code and vin code so they can match the correct year, can get it in cans or tubs for a bodyshop.

Re rust, how bad is it? usually touching up wont cure anything once the rust is under the seal. Usually a glass out job, not as bad as it sounds for a bodyshop. All youd need would be the paint and a rubber seal.

Its not bad at all, the plan in the future is to get the car fully r sprayed in the same colour anyway, but just want to touch up the chips etc for now. The worst bit is on the tailgate around the window and I know this would need the glass out to treat properly. More just about slowing it down for the next few years till I can get the respray.

Will try Steve and see if he can price up a pot for me