The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nitron 1way coilovers

Supra-love

Got nitron coilovers 1-way with eibach ntr spring upgrade on the supra at the moment I'll be looking to change them out soon. They aren't suited to me so will be looking at other kits.

What sort of money should I be asking?

They have covered about 1000miles, All 4 shocks will be going out for servicing and regassing before I sell them on.

I think a lot will depend on what spring rates they are on, as Nitron seem to send them out with very stiff springs as the standard choice.

Personally I like them best with a dual rate spring set up, a fairly stiff main spring with a suitably long and suitably rated tender spring, but they would be special order. It isn't that dear to change springs, especially if you don't go for the probably OTT Eibachs on a road car.

I think a lot will depend on what spring rates they are on, as Nitron seem to send them out with very stiff springs as the standard choice.

Personally I like them best with a dual rate spring set up, a fairly stiff main spring with a suitably long and suitably rated tender spring, but they would be special order. It isn't that dear to change springs, especially if you don't go for the probably OTT Eibachs on a road car.

I'm not sure on the eibach spring rate that are currently on them!?

I will ask them about the dual spring rate set up though.

I'm swaying towards hks set up now.

Good God man, not HKS, it's junk, honestly, I am not saying that because I flog Bilstein stuff. It really is, internally and externally, junk. You can't get repair parts, they change bits all the time, the valving is junk, the top seals are junk, the spring seats corrode away in front of your eyes, the top spherical bearings are junk, the piston rod chrome is junk. JUNK :) I have put brand new sets on a shock dyno and at the same settings a pair can be wildly different. J-U-N-K :)

"Swaying" towards HKS, so true...

Thanks for the input guys, I'm going to look into the dual springs now see what they say at nitron.

I may just sell anyway and decide on something else if I'm not that impressed.

Chris does his own set up for road or track, very tasty kit and the price is much better than most suspension set-ups for the Supra. The ride is sublime.

Chris does his own set up for road or track, very tasty kit and the price is much better than most suspension set-ups for the Supra. The ride is sublime.

In talks with Chris now and if I get the nitrons sold, ill service then with nitron first then I'm going for the setup Chris has.

In talks with Chris now and if I get the nitrons sold, ill service then with nitron first then I'm going for the setup Chris has.

You couldn't be in safer hands :)

A member on here once said to me, "if your car handles like a fat bird on roller-skates buy CW's set up" :D

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)