The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what fuel pump

Suprab1

Jeez it's been a while 

What fuel pump do you lot recommend for a bpu? Car was parked up for a few years but started fine last week to come out the garage for a wash & clean. Now after a week back in the garage it's a non starter because fuel pump has failed. I was hoping to have the time to get her back on the road for the better weather.

Anyway I was looking at the walbro 400lph pump but is this over kill? Also looking at the walbro 255 but looking at specs I think stock pump flows more than the walbro 255.

Jeez it's been a while 

What fuel pump do you lot recommend for a bpu? Car was parked up for a few years but started fine last week to come out the garage for a wash & clean. Now after a week back in the garage it's a non starter because fuel pump has failed. I was hoping to have the time to get her back on the road for the better weather.

Anyway I was looking at the walbro 400lph pump but is this over kill? Also looking at the walbro 255 but looking at specs I think stock pump flows more than the walbro 255.

I'm currently at bpu stage now, and have the 040 Bosch pump, but it's so noisy now and is on its way out so I'm going to the wahlbro 485 pump.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111688694286

I would use a stock denso USDM pump.

Was looking at these on mvp. Are they different to jdm?

What ever you do, don't buy a fuel pump from eBay as the majority are known to be fake. Get your pump from one of the traders on this forum to be safe :)

Na i will most likely buy from mvp or whiffbitz as I found them good in the past.

Hey Rab.

Been a while mate!

I could recommend the Aeromotive Stealth 320lph pump to you.

Much better performance than most of the usual replacement pumps, I bought mine after a newly fitted Walbro 255 seized solid the first day it was used.

Well Damien between work & kids I've not much time for play now lol. Are these pumps plug & play? Where did you get yours?

They're no harder to fit than the others mate. I did need to complete the 12V pump supply mod to get the pump running propely though. Not a big deal either and it's something most of the pumps benefit from anyway.

Can't exactly recall where I purchased it, though it was definitely online and possibly a recognised supplier like Summit Racing.

There's plenty of options at this stage though I'd imagine.

The UK spec fuel pump flows slightly more than the Walbro 255l/hr, the J-spec pump less. The fitment is also different between the UK and j-spec, these are the codes for the Walbro 255, they are a straight swap for the stock pump.

J-spec = Walbro GSS342

UK Spec = Walbro GSS341

The UK spec fuel pump flows slightly more than the Walbro 255l/hr, the J-spec pump less. The fitment is also different between the UK and j-spec, these are the codes for the Walbro 255, they are a straight swap for the stock pump.

J-spec = Walbro GSS342

UK Spec = Walbro GSS341

Thanks mate. So I don't need different wiring harness with this pump then?