The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best replacement radiator

jackso11

Toyota have discontinued the main rad and I want a new one. Mine is ok and in fact its only been used on the car for about 2 years....but since I have had the engine out rebuilding it the rad has been stood and a few fins bent. As I have painted the engine bay, rebuild the engine, loads of new parts, new aircon rad, FMIC and everything looking like new I want to put a new rad in but I want to keep it stock looking. What brand do people use? I bought a Nissens one but the quality is sh!t. Then the local radiator company told me Nissens only sell other peoples rads and don't build them so it could be from anyone.

Basically I want a good quality rad that looks like the genuine Toyota one, not one that looks and feels cheap. Any ideas?

Give TCB a call! I have one of there OEM quality rads in my car for the last years with no issues

+1 changed the radiator on our UK spec as it had a slight leak at the bottom corner. Replaced with one from TCB parts, fitted perfect, looks OEM and had no problems.

Just spoke to TCB and theirs are AVA radiators, £100. Nothing in stock at the moment so waiting for a call back. The only thing that worries me is Eurocarparts sell AVA radiators....and Euros don't scream quality usually.

Yes I know what your saying, but for the money 2 year warranty and if it only lasts 3-5 years its easy and cheap enough to replace. IIRC quote off Toyota for the stock rad was about £360 plus vat.

Yes Toyota is about that (or was when available) but theirs will last you 15 years or more. I have a £100 Nissens one sitting next to me in a box but it just doesn't have the feel or look of a genuine one and I want that quality genuine/OEM look. Has anyone got a picture of an AVA one? I can't find one.

Yes Toyota is about that (or was when available) but theirs will last you 15 years or more. I have a £100 Nissens one sitting next to me in a box but it just doesn't have the feel or look of a genuine one and I want that quality genuine/OEM look. Has anyone got a picture of an AVA one? I can't find one.

Indeed Toyota is far superior in everyway no doubt. I can take a picture later tonight for you if no else posts one up before hand.

Thanks. That Ava one does look pretty good. I decided to go with having my toyota one rebuilt as I found a place to do it a bit cheaper. Not much cheaper mind you as I told that the triple core cores are over £200 with only one supplier still making them.

Im probably stupid for paying that much but I wanted it as close to original as possible :)

Thanks. That Ava one does look pretty good. I decided to go with having my toyota one rebuilt as I found a place to do it a bit cheaper. Not much cheaper mind you as I told that the triple core cores are over £200 with only one supplier still making them.

Im probably stupid for paying that much but I wanted it as close to original as possible :)

To be fair, if I knew that was still possible I would of gone that route as well mate.

Well this answers for people in the future wanting the same thing done....it can't be done anymore. There is only one supplier left in the UK who list the core for this radiator (so I am told) and they no longer have the plates to make the ends, so nobody can make them. Aftermarket is the only way new it would seem.