The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Quick checkup on wheel sizes and offsets please

Jamesy

Trying to help a thick friend out for his new wheels.

They are going to cost about £3,000 so want to make sure we get the sizes bang on please. I have done some calculations based on previous wheels I've had but can some gurus confirm my sizes please.

Just to note he doesn't want to flare the arches just wants an aggressive stock arch fitment.

FRONTS:

18 x 10j with a 35 offset

REARS:

18 x 11.5j with a 55 offset

Muchos :)

Hi

First off I'm no guru, but I don't think those offsets will work very well.

For comparison mine are:-

18x9.5 et37 Front

18x11.5 et49 Rear

Stock REAS suspension, rear arches rolled.

The offsets you have in mind will cause the front to stick out approx 8.5mm more than mine and the rear will be 6mm further in.

Your front offset should be about 45 and rear about 50 for those sizes.

You need to be careful with the rear as an offset of 55 may cause the wheel and tyre to rub on either the springs or body.

Mine, with an offset of 49, rubs when the car is jacked up and the wheels hang freely. I have to put 5mm spacers on the rear to pass our NCT (National Car Test.....similar to MOT).

Also, offsets don't guarantee caliper clearance on the front if you have the larger UK spec brakes, that has more to do with the face design of the wheel.

I do know people have put 10's on the front but not sure of the exact offsets or what bodywork needs to be done to accommodate them, maybe someone else can assist with this.

Hope this helps a bit :-).

IMG_3411 small.jpg

IMG_3412 small.jpg

IMG_3413 small.jpg

What springs/coilovers does he have? The 55 offset means the wheel rim will be 30.4mm closer to the spring/inner wheel arch than a stock 17" 9.5". Depending on the tyre overhang compared to the 255/40/17 stock size it might need slightly less room or perhaps more. Might be worth checking as inside clearance is rarely considered?