Supraleeturbo

V161 box with 19,000 miles on it

Brand new shifter

Brand new rubbers

Brand new srd heavy duty prop

Big case diff

And everything else you need for the swap

How much would I be looking to sell it for

I've seen these boxes going for like 5-6k not sure if there selling but what do you guys think

Guest Budz86

If you can prove the mileage, I'd advertise at 5k and go from there. Will be plenty of people from overseas interested in that too. Fancy swapping for a V160 and a bag of haribo?

If it has 19,000 miles on it, and you can prove that without doubt, then I'd ask £6500 for it.

But I always question these low miles boxes. Considering how few low miles cars there are around, it's funny how every gearbox that comes up for sale seems to have very low mileage.

Have you got the clocks/dials with it? Facelift/V161 has the odometer built in so this would help to verify the mileage.

When I got my V161 from Jurgen, it had the dials/odometer with it which gives that extra bit of re-assurance.

The importer to where I got the gearbox from had them but obviously sold them on as I only brought the box of him

Just pictures of the speedometer isn't enough really. Don't get me wrong, I think youd still be able to ask a decent amount for it, probably £5k plus, but without some incontestible evidence of the mileage no one is going to pay a premium.

The problem with Getrag box is it's not easy to look inside one unlike some other in-line manual gearboxes, and a scrapper looks just like a minter from the outside. I would be far more inclined to give good money for a gearbox (or engine or diff) if it was still in a running car and could be tried. Is it still all up and together?