The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Why do people prefer glass headlights?

Noz

I love them one for one reason and one reason only, facelifts never look great unless they are brand new imo. They have all dulled so much, UK specs you never have to worry about that. I do however agree that face lifts shape is nicer and on some colours the dark insert is better too.

de-lined lenses look the best imo but you have the risk of them misting having been split

Do UK's look all that different when split and painted Black a la facelift?

Yes :)

My first two Supras, the UK spec on thhe right with 'facelifted' glass lights, the other stock spec facelift.

In person, the facelifts looked much better.

My first two Supras, the UK spec on thhe right with 'facelifted' glass lights, the other stock spec facelift.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm203/j_s14a/Single%20Supra%20Pics/DSC_0064_zps20888275.jpg

Oh yea I've never noticed that before!

They are actually sleeker. Shame they didn't make them in glass.

Ta very much :thumbs: Not seen a side by side comparison before, I didn't think the difference would be that much. Do you have anymore images of the lights? If you do close up would be perfect :)

Facelift looks much better, especially on a silver supra!!! Too much chrome/silver going on with UK glass hence I sold mine.

To be fair my facelifts are near mint still but car is dry stored in garage. It must be the sun that causes the discolouration surely?

Ive put UKs on both my Supras.

I think they look so much better. In fact for my current car I swapped the facelifts for the UKs. It was the first job I did when I picked the car up 6 years ago. Uks suit the RSP colour as well (in my eyes):p

Ive put UKs on both my Supras.

I think they look so much better. In fact for my current car I swapped the facelifts for the UKs. It was the first job I did when I picked the car up 6 years ago. Uks suit the RSP colour as well (in my eyes):p

Exactly what I did, removed the facelifts and fitted my UK's