The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Could someone that's done a r154 conversion have a look at this

sidewaysdan

The only thing of real use in that kit is the gearbox, its all from a 7mgte engine, you would essentially need to source everything, and alot of the stuff is quite hard to find on its own these days

Try and find one from a 1jz if you can, that way you have the flywheel, master cylinder etc that you can use

My advice would be hold out for a later type box with the remote shifter cradle, electronic speedo etc as it cuts out the need for all the modifying, not to mention you get a newer box which feel alot better than the old type r154, thats what i done and i managed to find a kit within a few weeks of hunting

I'm looking at ripping it out and going back to auto so there will be a kit up from grabs if someone wants to tackle the faults- I'd even leave it built for now so someone can see it all working machanically unless someone wants to help me sort the last bits out so MOT-passable? Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I'm looking at ripping it out and going back to auto so there will be a kit up from grabs if someone wants to tackle the faults- I'd even leave it built for now so someone can see it all working machanically unless someone wants to help me sort the last bits out so MOT-passable? Thanks in advance

Try gyrodrift?