The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Possible supra px? Know of anyone?

raddys

Hi guys

So basically i have a supra tt auto and was recently thinking of going single.. however if i start doing a big build id want to do it on a tt6 (makes sense in my head) however my problem is that i dont want to sell my car and never find one in the same condition again. So i thought id post a little thread up on the off chance that someone would want to px a tt6 for mine + cash.. a little spec below...

1993 toyota supra

Twin turbo auto

GZ model

Rare Renaissance red

The car was imported 2006

Currently on 64km (39k roughly)

Its all still in kmh (no speedo conversions)

Extras:

Cruise control

Leather seats

Active front lip

Built in boot sub

Boot blind

Footwell lights

Door key light ring

Standard cd and tape player

Oem secret box (not fitted)

Toyota roof spoiler

Toyota wind deflectors

Oem number plate pods (not fitted)

Facelift set of headlights (not fitted)

Facelift clock (not fitted)

Factory bilsteins with 20mm lowering springs

Uk spec big brakes all round

17 alloys (wrapped in brand new yokohama ad08r (around 100 miles)

Also have lots of receipts, old manuals, 1993 catalogue and various other literature

ALSO have 2 copies of banzai magazine in which the car had a 5 page feature only last month!!!

The car as you can see is stock body and is now bpu

Double de-cat

Boost controller

Boost gauge

Walbro fuel pump

Tanabe touring exhaust with boost activated butterfly valve (straight pipe above 1 bar)

Bpu appropriate spark plugs (forget which ones)

This car is mint and pulls like a train, the only bad thing i have to say about it is that it has a few stone chips, but then at 24 years old its going to have some blemishes..

But honestly a really mint beautifully clean example.

I had it valued last year at a garage for insurance purposes and have a letter confirming it to be valued at £14,000.

I think thats everything and like i say atm im just checking that on the off chance someone may want a px or to buy and know of someone selling a tt6?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

If a perfect car came up for sale tomorrow what would you want for yours? (pm if you prefer)

Yours is a lovely car no doubt but the insurance valuation would push the (to date) limits for a j spec auto TT so you may struggle with Px's as it wouldn't release much cash for the manual seller?

If you are serious about going single then I think you need to look at financing the new car purchase then selling this one as the least cost to change, or see if you can get anywhere near the insurance valuation by selling now, it'll be interesting to see if a very clean recently featured car get a very good price 'despite' (don't get at me I have two of them!) being auto.

If a perfect car came up for sale tomorrow what would you want for yours? (pm if you prefer)

Yours is a lovely car no doubt but the insurance valuation would push the (to date) limits for a j spec auto TT so you may struggle with Px's as it wouldn't release much cash for the manual seller?

If you are serious about going single then I think you need to look at financing the new car purchase then selling this one as the least cost to change, or see if you can get anywhere near the insurance valuation by selling now, it'll be interesting to see if a very clean recently featured car get a very good price 'despite' (don't get at me I have two of them!) being auto.

Ummm.. thats a tricky one.. it took a while to find this one so really i dont think id take under £13k tbh as it really is one of the best but then if the right tt6 come up at the right price i may consider less possibly. I think the financing thing is a good idea (i hadn't thought of that tbh) and i may have to go that route if i get no decent offers :)

+1

As far as im aware you cant flappy paddle a tt auto (correct me if im wrong) i know you can do it fairly easy on a n/a auto (something to do with less solenoids if i remember) i did speak to the guys at whifbitz about the 7 speed bmw box conversion but that was a £13k drive in- drive out service.. which is an eye watering amount for a gearbox conversion.

As far as im aware you cant flappy paddle a tt auto (correct me if im wrong) i know you can do it fairly easy on a n/a auto (something to do with less solenoids if i remember) i did speak to the guys at whifbitz about the 7 speed bmw box conversion but that was a £13k drive in- drive out service.. which is an eye watering amount for a gearbox conversion.

You can if you fit a Syvecs :) Still expensive, but much cheaper than a manual conversion.

Hopefully whifbitz will get working on the newer BMW DCT box soon, Paul thinks it will fit in the Supra tunnel without any modifications, which will bring the price down considerably. It's a lot of money, but without a doubt the ultimate gearbox conversion available at the moment.

I like the concept but i cant imagine there would be much change left over from £5k after fitting and id hate to spend that kind of money for a gearbox that i cant drop from 4-2nd when ever i fancy it.. ideally id only really want to go for a tt6 over gearbox conversions

Fair enough, but if you wish to drop from 4 to 2 you'd press the down paddle twice....

Yer i know, i would just prefer a manual over a flappy paddle conversion. ive driven flappy paddles before and just dont get the same feeling as changing gears manually.

Flappy paddle cars ive driven before havent always given me the gears i want, when i want them.

Edited by raddys (see edit history)

If it was me I wouldn't be wanting to sell or px that supra as it is stunning! Don't think you will find a TT6 in the same condition without paying a hell of a lot for it! Hear what your saying about flappy paddle and Triptronic though! They do take the feel of real driving away and don't always do what you want them to do!

If it was me I wouldn't be wanting to sell or px that supra as it is stunning! Don't think you will find a TT6 in the same condition without paying a hell of a lot for it! Hear what your saying about flappy paddle and Triptronic though! They do take the feel of real driving away and don't always do what you want them to do!

Thanks and yes its proving hard to find a good condition stock look and low mileage tt6 for a reasonable price, ive been offered a few tt6's but nothing thats the same condition and spec as mine, that being said a few of them that ive been offered are quite nice but i suppose il hold out for the perfect one :)

If your that set on a TT6 you would be best to buy the manual conversion, or a manual conversion kit.

You could spend a fortune to bring a random TT6 up to anything like as sweet as that..

Personally, I would fit a Titan drag auto box like I did and go single.

If your that set on a TT6 you would be best to buy the manual conversion, or a manual conversion kit.

You could spend a fortune to bring a random TT6 up to anything like as sweet as that..

Finding a decent box with traceable history is going to be just as difficult.

No conversions for me.. i simply haven't got the time to do such a mammoth task.. id rather pay a few extra £ and get an original tt6

You can if you fit a Syvecs :) Still expensive, but much cheaper than a manual conversion.

Hopefully whifbitz will get working on the newer BMW DCT box soon, Paul thinks it will fit in the Supra tunnel without any modifications, which will bring the price down considerably. It's a lot of money, but without a doubt the ultimate gearbox conversion available at the moment.

:)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2016-NEW-BMW-M3-M4-3-0-AUTOMATIC-DSG-GEARBOX-S55B30A-90-DAY-WARRENTY-/162424384778?hash=item25d13f6d0a:g:~WIAAOSw44BYIutb