The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Possible Future Supra Owner

Guest ADZH1

Guest ADZH1

Hi,

Thought id say hello finally in the market for a decent powered Japanese car after selling my R33 GTR last year and am currently choosing between the RX7 & Supra getting pushed more towards a supra as it seems they are abit more friendly for daily use although i absolutely love RX7s

Has anyone came from a RX7 to Supra or Supra to RX7 be great to hear what owners think

Thanks

Guest ADZH1
Welcome to the club

Adam heywood on here now owns a Rex he would be able to give you some insight.

Cheers mate will chase him up

Guest ADZH1
I had a RX7 single turbo, was a fantastic car and loved it a lot. But taking it though town or anything slow moving it was rubbish a lot to do with the clutch but still not great at slow speeds. Supra on the other had I think are a great all rounder.

I did reply but not showing up so no idea what happened and sorry if its a double.

Ive seen a RX7 single turbo and my hearts really set on it but 1 thing put me on pause

The reliability scares that people post about but owners advise differently and say if they are driven, maintained and modded right its as good as any other car. If these cars were still at the 9k mark id be willing to risk it but when looking at ones that are 17k a rebuild is last thing id want

I did reply but not showing up so no idea what happened and sorry if its a double.

Ive seen a RX7 single turbo and my hearts really set on it but 1 thing put me on pause

The reliability scares that people post about but owners advise differently and say if they are driven, maintained and modded right its as good as any other car. If these cars were still at the 9k mark id be willing to risk it but when looking at ones that are 17k a rebuild is last thing id want

If you did want to go down the RX7 route you can get a good single setup for a lot less than 17k. With a 9-10k budget you could pick up a well built singe for that easy but it's always a good idea to keep a couple of grand aside for the day you have to rebuild it as it's probably going to happen at some point. Personally I say get a supra I think it's a much better all rounder and just like RX7s you do not see many about.

Guest ADZH1
If you did want to go down the RX7 route you can get a good single setup for a lot less than 17k. With a 9-10k budget you could pick up a well built singe for that easy but it's always a good idea to keep a couple of grand aside for the day you have to rebuild it as it's probably going to happen at some point. Personally I say get a supra I think it's a much better all rounder and just like RX7s you do not see many about.

Was looking at the grey one on ebay and one that newera sold previously if i did get one it would have to be a 99 onwards. Yeah would need to put a few grand a side for sure for when it does go bang. I also am leaning towards a supra in all honesty ive liked them for a very long time now just need to wait for a nice TT manual supra to pop up