The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I know another Elephant insurance post

RobAndrews

Hi all, just thought I'd check with those that have got a quote or insurance through Elephant.

My renewal with Direct Line is £1100 this year (gone up ! ) so I went onto Elephant and chose Toyota, Supra, Turbo Auto (Imp), 2997cc 1993>

My quote was £900 and that's with 5 years protected and lowered my excess to £100 voluntary.

Has anyone checked out whether this is correct seeing as they say phone for Imports ? When I used them before I couldn't get a quote online so was wondering if they just haven't updated their website message saying you don't have to call anymore and you can get the quote online.

and before Mawby (or anyone else) mentions it I've asked for our newly approved club insurance company to give me a call :D

If you read the print at the bottom of the form you fill in it says that you have to call for an imported car.

I know, hence why I've said that they 'say call for quotes on Imports' and that maybe they just haven't updated the website to remove this statement.

Guest pete g

Ive had my insurance for the soop with elephant now for about 6 months. It came to just over 800 quid :D Im 24 and the missus is 21 and we are fully comp! I too stressed over the phone that it was an import! Oh and all this was with zero no claims!!!!!!

I had insurance with them and I have a crash with my supra. Write off and they paid out in full in 2 months.

I was paying something like 1400 for 10 months. I am 25 with 2 years NCB in london and park on driveway. Now no more NCB and don;t ask how much is my insurance

China

Yeah - thats not the problem, its the way they deal with it and the ludicrous prices they offer people in that event.

My G/F works in accident care for the RAC, she deals with insurance companies and claims all day she reckons the Admiral group insurers are some of the better companies!