The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aristo JZS147 project

Krister

Bought my friends Aristo that he has had as a project car the last 10 years. I like working on other JZ equipped cars as well other than my black beast, it's fun to work on something else for a while.

The specs on the Aristo is now:

Forged engine, CP pistons, Eagle rods, ARP hardware, new OEM oil pump etc.

BC 264 cams, BC springs and retainers

Holset HX50 turbo with 67mm inducer, Ebay manifold and wg

3.5" downpipe, twin 2.5" exhaust.

Boostlogic Autobox, PI3800 rpm stall. Stall has been upgraded here in Finland to take more power and tranmission has been serviced.

Emanage Ultimate with 3 bar map sensor

AEM wideband

GReddy Profec Spec-B boost controller

2000cc Bosch EV14 injectors, Walbro E85 fuel pump, new fuel lines, E85 fuel.

Aluminium radiator, aftermarket oil cooler and filter relocation kit, transmission cooler

GReddy LS intercooler kit

JDM (TEIN?) aftermarket springs on stock shocks

Carbonetic LSD

So there's lots of nice bits in the Aristo, but it just needs some finishing touches to get it up to standard. Also the ABS light is on, most likely the brake master cylinder is shot or then an ABS sensor is broken.

So far I've started to take off the turbo and manifold. I'm going to try the new Borg Warner SX-E series turbos, so I've ordered a S366 SX-E .91 A/R from the States. Also going to re do the downpipe and make an external scream pipe. My friend only had access to a regular welder and it's not very nice looking, so I'm going to re-weld some stuff with a TIG and stainless steel piping.

Also going to re-do some of the fuel lines as it's big mess now as you can see in the pics.

The Aristo didnt come with any nice wheels, so bought a set of Japan Racing JR10 in 19x9.5 ET22 and 19x11 ET30. This left the car a little on the high side, so a set of BC BR Coilovers are on order. I've also bought an OEM three piece rear wing from Ebay. Need to repaint it with the original color.

Next it's time to remove the intake manifold. I'm going to glass bead blast it and most likely remove the TRAC butterfly from the TB as the TC isnt working anyway because of the high stall converter.

Not many pics of the car yet as it's in my new house garage and it's freezing out side.

429730839_95174_zpshi80tx6z.JPG

JR10_zps2bpmgnjg.JPG

20170220_182200_zps6bqebcmn.jpg

4189bd2f-b428-4799-9be3-ba1a63ab83cf_zpsguiwefze.jpg

20170218_195920-800_zpsja2zcbo9.JPG

20170220_182214_zpsxgk1t2et.JPG

Edited by Krister (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

Been working with the Aristo and it's almost ready back for the road. Made a new downpipe, fuel lines and had the manifolds bead blasted and coated the exhaust side with VHT Flameproof. Also installed a new set of BC BR Coilovers.

Need to get of rid of all this junk from the engine bay:

Took off the Intake manifold:

Shaved TB:

Test fitting new BW S366SX-E turbo:

Made a new downpipe:

Coated exhaust side and bead plasted intake manifold with the AFPR relocated:

New oil return line:

New upper radiator pipe:

Getting ready:

Car up and running and washed all the grime off:

Still some finishing touches left to do. Intake side intercooler piping and relocating some hoses and wiring. Should be ready within a week. :)

You really need to lose those Lexus badges and rear garnish! I have an Aristo rear garnish if you want one

I actually have an OEM three piece wing which I was going to install that has a Toyota badge.

Nice, what we'd call a sleeper.

Yes very much so :)

Very nice Krister.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Been driving the Aristo some and fixing some bugs. The car have left me stranded on the side of the road a couple of times with some mysterious ignition issues:

Turned out the auxiliary belt have touched the crank sensor wires, fixed those and been fine since:

Had a little wastegate issue and ported out the Ebay manifold, but tuned out the hose I used for the boost controller didnt like heat at all and the WG hose had melted partially. Oh well, the manifold should flow better now anyway.

Before::

After:

Also bought a lift to my garage. Will be a lot easier to do some work with the car. I'll do a garage extension next august and will put the lift inside the floor so that it's level compared to the floor.

I also took off the old tint on the rear windows and had all the sides tinted with some light tint:

I've also street mapped the Aristo to around 1.8 bar of boost and it pulls quite nicely. Still have a little tinkering to do with the map and try to raise the rev limiter with the Emanage as it hits the rev limiter quite badly on the 1st to 2nd shift as it has a high stall converter. Anyone know some working limter cut settings they could share?

Next it's time to paint the engine bay I think and install the Aristo three piece rear wing and take some proper pics of the car. Also need to take some pics of the engine bay, it looks a million times better now. I also have some 4" stanless steel piping for the exhaust tailpipes I need to install and weld, the old ones dont really suite the car.

Nice project Krister, what sort of power do you think this is running now?

I think it's around 650-700bhp at the moment on 1.8bar.

Did you fit the shaved TB ?

If not, do you fancy selling it ?

Yes the shaved TB is fitted now:

The Aristo left me stranded on the side of the road again. :D Was making a pull and for some reason the 2nd cyl injector decided to stick open and flood the cylinder.

Havent gotten it quite running nicely with the Emanage and the cold start with E85 is not good and there are other hickups as well and the wiring on the car is terrible so I've decided to take the car off the road for a while untill I fit a full standalone with a new wiring harness. Possibly going with a HKS Fcon V-Pro or Ecumaster EMU.

Some more pics I took before I parked it: