The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra MK4 Headlight Splitting

Rowlze

I'll hold my hands up, I'm a newbie to this site. How do I get in touch with him/ her ? I'm due to have the car resprayed next month and would ideally like to get it done before then. I've just had the original wheels powder coated and brought x4 pads and discs. I want to get the calipers painted black at some point to. I have all the cockpit panels out as well and have stripped the rubber coating off with oven cleaner and a scourer (works a treat) once all this is done, i'll post some pics.

Edited by Rowlze
Newbie (see edit history)

Thanks for the mentions guys, much appreciated.

Chris I can do your headlight refurb for you. I offer a range of services. As you're new, can you help contribute to our forum please and become a paid member.

The price is reasonable, and all members get a serious amount of offers and information here.

Contact me directly for guidance on headlight refurb services but please become a paid member.

I'll hold my hands up, I'm a newbie to this site. How do I get in touch with him/ her ? I'm due to have the car resprayed next month and would ideally like to get it done before then. I've just had the original wheels powder coated and brought x4 pads and discs. I want to get the calipers painted black at some point to. I have all the cockpit panels out as well and have stripped the rubber coating off with oven cleaner and a scourer (works a treat) once all this is done, i'll post some pics.

You need to pay the membership fee to use the PM system, buy and sell (in the T&C's you agreed to when you signed up). It's £10 per year, maximum of £30 then you become a lifetime member or if you plan on sticking round you can pay the £30 straight off.

To pay your membership click on settings in the top right then on the left click paid subscriptions then select one from the drop down box.

Does anyone on here split headlights? Yes I have searched and the last thread relevant was done years ago. I would do it myself but not sure if i'm up to baking them and melting them. Especially at £700 for a new set!!

This is something I need to do,my passenger side suddenly started getting bad condensation so I took the light out and put it in the oven hoping to split it but I couldn't get it apart although it did clear the condensation so I put it back on the car and the condensation was back whithin a couple of days so I'm going to give it another go,what temperature and for how long should I leave it in the oven?