The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Supra

Fulcrum2000

Hi All

As a new owner of the jet black 93 Supra TT Reg L141PRB I wonder if anyone knew anything about it, was a previous owner or any info on it whatsoever. This is my third Supe, having owned a Mk III and another Mk IV before, and after a break of 4 years I had to get another. Its getting hard to get a TT these days and beggars cant be choosers, its bound to have problems, I think it has a bad bearing or stuck brake already but with TLC and lots of ridiculous bills I hope to get it up to full spec shortly.

Also, the previous owners put some as he calls them 'Brass Boost Blocks' on it, this is allowing it to boost up to 1.5, I dont have a Fuel Defender on it so its obviously glitching past 1 and I have wound them back down, but what the heck are these things really called and does anyone have any experience with using them? Are they safe? If so I will get a Fuel Cut Defender and bang it back up to 1.5 as it is a stunning drive at this setting but although I know they're tough and can stand a lot of pressure I dont want to strain my Supe overly. Any advice would be welcome.

Cheers

Its call a manaul bleed valve, which is pointless if you dont have fcd,

You really need to look into bpu and go from there mate look the the tech and frequently asked question section and you will come alive with knowledge

Also 1.5 on stock jspec turbos is way out of efficiency range and would make no power just heat

It is that car, the rust is probably just superficial but worth a tied up.

The brakes are easy to refurb and it's hopefully that rather than a bearing. Does it have the standard cats in place if so I would get the brass bits/bleed valves, or whatever you want to call them, off and replace with stock pipe/hose work just to keep it safe initially. Or post up some close up pics of the brass bits and pipework to and from and someone might be able to say what it's all doing. 1.5 is far too high and risky IMO

It had no mot from 4th July 2013 to 20th September 2016 according to the mot check site

As said already get the boost turned down to 1.2 bar

Does it have a boost gauge ? is it de catted as you'll need a restrictor ring in the exhaust

to hold the boost down below 1.2 then use a controller to raise it to 1.2

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)