The mkiv Supra Owners Club

wow insurance quote

Dave

Sorry to be the nay sayer but that's a completely useless post without other information. See so many insurance threads/posts on PH and without context they're meaningless.

For all I know you're a 40yr old woman, in the safest post code, driving an n/a for 10 miles per year. All with no breakdown/windscreen/legal cover and a £5k excess.

I wouldn't be without an agreed valuation personally so that pretty much rules out comparison sites.

Done mine at livingstones, 95, TT6 import, 33yrs, 6 mirrored ncb, 5k miles a year, agreed value, breakdown assist, legal prot. All mods declared. £488-

Mines almost identical. Good post code 28y/o 99 TT6 £460ish. Judging by your avatar, I have much less to declare in the way of mods.

Sorry to be the nay sayer but that's a completely useless post without other information. See so many insurance threads/posts on PH and without context they're meaningless.

For all I know you're a 40yr old woman, in the safest post code, driving an n/a for 10 miles per year. All with no breakdown/windscreen/legal cover and a £5k excess.

I wouldn't be without an agreed valuation personally so that pretty much rules out comparison sites.

Sorry your right updated my post

You guys and your cheap insurance prices. Im 24 with full ncb and paying just less than a grand on a tt through sky. I don't quite feel for you with your quote

/QUOTE]

I'm always jealous of other young people who pay so little for insurance. I'm 23, but I'm paying over £2 for 1500 miles on my TT. 4 years NCM with 2 accidents (both non fualt).

This is through adrian flux, I can't get insured anywhere else.

Im 21, turning 22 next month and im paying £2490. Area is Wokingham. Berkshire. I know thats steep but it is what it is. Policy is me myself and I. Been driving since 17. No claims. Live by myself. It probably would have been cheaper if i stuck my dad on there. Hopefully next year it should drop.

Wow that's crazy! How long have you been insured on it? Has it come down much?

/QUOTE]

About a year. And it didn't budge. It was 2.7 when I first got it. I out the price down to it being my only car (despite me walking to work) and that I had no previous wxperiance with it. They wanted the same again a couple weeks ago until I told them I don't drive it enough and that I have a second car anyway. Sky insurance wouldn't even quote me and the cheapest I found on a comparison site it 8k. This confuses me the most as I did a quote for a 500hp auto a couple years ago and got 2.2k.

Also, my daily is a 1.6 Ibetha, I pay 1.1k for that.

Them prices of 2K plus are mental! When I got the supra I was 21/22 and my first car so no NCB, I was only paying around £1800 fully comp in my own name for my first year of driving.

Mine now is £600 with Sky Insurance, with all mods declared, protected NCB and agreed value.

just did a quote for my supra on U switch site £126.46 :D:d:d:d

Fully comp ,windscreen ,courtesy car protected no claims ,NA supra I'm 63

Performance direct

Also had one from footman James for £146

Rang performance direct and quoted me £2100, I am 33 with full NCB living near Berkshire.

Wasted my time.

You guys and your cheap insurance prices. Im 24 with full ncb and paying just less than a grand on a tt through sky. I don't quite feel for you with your quote 😂

/QUOTE]

I'm always jealous of other young people who pay so little for insurance. I'm 23, but I'm paying over £2 for 1500 miles on my TT. 4 years NCM with 2 accidents (both non fualt).

This is through adrian flux, I can't get insured anywhere else.

Had you guys been previous customers of Sky/Adrian Flux? I had tried both and got insta-refused as I wasn't 25 (I'm 24). I'm now with Admiral paying £1100 for an Auto TT, again living in a decent postcode and fully clean license.

Yeah I'm a previous customer with adrian flux. I've had 3 cars insure with them. I will try sky again because I think te amount I'm paying should be illegal. I probably drive it once a week at most. Only if the weather is good.

Admiral doesn't appear in comparison site quotes for me. Admiral also doubles your premiums for non fualt accidents as well so I know they won't give me a good deal.

Edited by Karl M N (see edit history)