The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fibre glass boot safety

Supra-love

My supra has a fibre glass boot fitted, wondering if I can still fit a spoiler to it, remaining safe, the boot is also held down by rubber fasteners. I would hope to remove the secure fasteners and just use the standard hatch mech, and fit a spoiler. If not I'd have to sell the frp boot and get an 040 standard boot and spoiler.

it depends on the quality of the fibre glass and the weight of the spoiler your fitting plus take into consideration the forces generated from the air when moving, i think these days its really old school to use fibre glass on a car when much better options are available such as carbon although not as cost effective.

if its painted you will have issues with the paint cracking under stress also. id go carbon or just go back to standard.

it depends on the quality of the fibre glass and the weight of the spoiler your fitting plus take into consideration the forces generated from the air when moving, i think these days its really old school to use fibre glass on a car when much better options are available such as carbon although not as cost effective.

if its painted you will have issues with the paint cracking under stress also. id go carbon or just go back to standard.

I contacted the company that sells them and they assured me it would be fine, with a spoiler and just the standard catch.

It is already painted and fitted to the car, but wanted to remove the safety fasteners and add a spoiler. Maybe Apr one!? Or standard for now? It's currently smooth with no holes or 3rd brakelight