The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do you think this is a good deal?

hemmjonny

Hi all,

I have been offered a Black 96/97 Facelift TT Auto with 70,000 KMs 45,000 miles ish on the clock. Outside and inside looks very very clean. Engine bay could do with a bit of a once over and alloys have a bit of kerbing.

He has come down to £12,000 with what I have seen avalible it seems an ok price.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

Jonny

IMG_0381.JPG

IMG_0382.JPG

IMG_0386.JPG

IMG_0392.JPG

IMG_0393.JPG

***Update***

Just done a HPI check and the NMR is all over the place and starts from 1999 the guy said it was imported in 2006 and that's when the MOTs start from. Also it says date of first reg in the UK was 1999 but no MOT's until 2006

[ATTACH=CONFIG]217085[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]217086[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]217087[/ATTACH]

Edited by hemmjonny
Adding pictures (see edit history)

Do a mot history check, can help with accessing how genuine the car is

Does it have any history, any parts been replaced etc etc

Thanks i am yet to see all the paperwork but i should see that next week when i go to view. Apparently the cam belt has been done recently but i will probably get it done again just for peace of mind.

As for the MOTs online they all look good apart from a year gap with no MOT. Also all the MOTs have been recorded in miles so the MOT say 70K miles not KM but he says the clocks are counting in KM i guess the only way for me to prove that is to do a mile and see how much it goes up by.

Mileage recorded doesn't look good! What company did you use for the HPI check?

So the seller is saying that the clock has been converted to display MPH but it's counting in KPH?

Yeah but its only wrong pre 2006 and he is saying it was imported then so not sure will have to look at the log book see what that says the import date is.

No the seller is saying it counts in KPH and shows in KPH but on the MOT they have put miles (to be honest i have had this happen to me before so i do believe him)

Oh I see, and that would be the issue with the mileage history

I'd get all the mileage history that you can get hold off on a timeline spreadsheet and make sure there's no discrepancies after they starting logging in MPH when it was imported

Does he have import documents, old paper MOTs, service and repair invoices with mileage information on that you can get pictures of?

I don't know with regards to HPI. Best bet is see if he has old MOT's. Looks nice though, how worn is the steering wheel and gearshift, (edit) looked again their replacements can't check that. Yes with KM and miles there are discrepancies on mine, it's basically the MOT tester not twigging it's KM. And then the next one doing so.