The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Does It Matter What Coolant You Use

supra-alex

Just a quick bit of advice needed after a service (had the car 2 weeks and done 1000 (fun) miles in it)

Anyway put it in and on the invoice it says the following was done:

1. Advanced Formula Motor Flush

1. Oil Filter - Toyota

5.5 Valvoline 10W40 Maxlife

1. Air Filter - Toyota

1. Fuel Filter - Toyota

6. NGK Spark Plug - BKR5EP-11

2. Service and Inspect Vehicle

The guys seemed to know there stuff and were very helpful and enthusiastic about my car. They also said the car was running very lean but that the changes made would sort that out. Apparantly, the sparks in there were white, and had more than twice the gap they should of had. Just a point to note, the person I bought it off had said that a full service had been carried out. However the oil filter and the air filter were in rag order.

They also sorted out some rubbing on full lock by sorting out my front spoiler. All in all Im quite happy with what theyve done. But is there anything Ive missed here?

Cheers

Oh yeah, any ideas what to ask for for the rear hatch rubber things to stop the rattle? And from where. Envy?

Hi Marky,

there are a couple of threads about the rubber stops that have a tendency to split and make the boot hatch rattle a bit. I'm gonna get some from Envy. Apparantly its a bit of a bugger to get the screws out of the old ones. Nothing ventured.....which is about the limit of my mechanical expertise

Billy

there are a couple of threads about the rubber stops that have a tendency to split and make the boot hatch rattle a bit. I'm gonna get some from Envy. Apparantly its a bit of a bugger to get the screws out of the old ones.
Billy,

It's not that they split, it's that they just go hard over time. New ones are pretty hard to start with!

I got mine from Toyota. Only took 2 days to get them in stock. My old ones came off quite easliy, so they're not all the pain in the ass you often hear about.

Good luck!

So do you guys think I have the same problem.. It does not sound like the actual hatch itself, more like them stretchy strap things rattling.
How hard could it be to find out? Unclip the straps from the cover and let them retract into the tailgate and see if the rattle stops.