The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tt auto to tt manual.

Supra-love

As your car is a '97 it would be better to fit a V161 rather than the V160 imo. You would also need the manual diff otherwise you will be changing gears all the time. An auto diff may feel faster on a manual but it won't be.

Be prepared to pay in excess of 6K without fitting. You will need V160/1 gearbox, propshaft, clutch, flywheel, pedals, slave cylinder, master cylinder, manual surround, shifter assembly, manual tunnel, gearbox mount, rear diff.

I'm sure there are a few other parts I have forgotten but you get the idea :)

Gearboxes are knocking around £4-£5K plus you need the tunnel amend, pedals, clutch etc etc etc plus fitting.

Personally I can't see the point - sooner add more money to your budget and find a genuine TT6 from the factory - can't see you'll ever get your money back from a converted car. If you just wanted to do it for Ss&Gs then crack on.

Depends on what 'box.

Will you be doing any of the work yourself?

If you went all out and paid someone to fit and bought a known history V160/1 then you could easily spend £6-8k just in parts!

R154 etc would be cheaper.

As for added value, forget it if that's what you're after. It may raise the value a bit but no where near to equivalent TT6 price. V160/1 would probably add more value than other options as it's "standard"

I would be fitting all the parts myself, I'm not doing it for the money at all, more for myself.

But I do wonder what it does to the value of the car itself of course. I understand the vin won't match.

I have looked a little into the R154 but have no idea on them really, or what that would do to the value either.

Want it manual, so I can increase power etc. But don't want to ruin the car or value compared to its auto matching box...

Edited by Supra-love (see edit history)

I would be fitting all the parts myself, I'm not doing it for the money at all, more for myself.

But I do wonder why it does to the value of the car itself of course.

I have looked a little into the R154 but have no idea on them really, or what that would do to the value either.

Want it manual, so I can increase power etc. But don't want to ruin the car or value compared to its auto matching box...

Then I politely suggest you use the search function on the forum and use Google. This topic has been covered more times than I care to remember.

E2A

Aren't you the member who was recently caught trying to sell a V161 gearbox and twin turbo engine that turned out to be a scam?

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)

Then I politely suggest you use the search function on the forum and use Google. This topic has been covered more times than I care to remember.

I'm only asking because mainly how it'll affect the value and my best options currently the way things are.

I'm not doing it to sell the car or go on about power gains.

The current market is changing all the time and old post don't justify todays market and the changes due.

If that makes sense

I'm only asking because mainly how it'll affect the value and my best options currently the way things are.

I'm not doing it to sell the car or go on about power gains.

If you're not selling the car, why care about value?

Want it manual, so I can increase power

Wait so you do want power gains??

I'm lost here.

The most sensible thing to do is figure out what car you want and buy it.

If it HAS to be manual, there's no other logical way IMO than to just buy a factory manual. Even if it means saving up and being supra-less for a little while longer.

ETA:^^ this is exactly what I did.

If you're not selling the car, why care about value?

Wait so you do want power gains??

I'm lost here.

The most sensible thing to do is figure out what car you want and buy it.

If it HAS to be manual, there's no other logical way IMO than to just buy a factory manual. Even if it means saving up and being supra-less for a little while longer.

ETA:^^ this is exactly what I did.

Just wondered how it affects value. I do like the sound of the dct though from Paul and I think that do justice to value in the future. Just don't want to de value the car.

I'm limited to power increases with auto, so hence why I want to change that in the future.

Just wondered how it affects value. I do like the sound of the dct though from Paul and I think that do justice to value in the future. Just don't want to de value the car.

I'm limited to power increases with auto, so hence why I want to change that in the future.

No your not I took my stock auto to 600 hp and now run over 700 hp on an SRD built auto box

Keep an eye on te for sale section and you'll get a good idea of way the costs are.

Although if you only want a swap so you can handle more power you might be better off just getting a build auto? I'm sure there's one floating around te for sale section for less than £1500

Parts , prices going up like i said it's hard to value.

How you get your figure?

Oh and how I got your figure on your car? Well, condition and history of the shell, age and technology of the twins, running on syvecs or not? If not then that knocks more off, custom paint narrows the market, so does the bodykit. 6 speed yes, but doesn't match vin. That's all just my opinion on what the cars value is to me, to me it's only worth £15k, but that's because it's not a car I'd ever want to own. To someone else it could be there dream car, and they'd overpay with £20k, so I put the price in the middle, at £17k.

Edited by Burna (see edit history)