The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ESR Wheels - equivalent wheels by other manufacturers?

ellis

Came across these ESR Wheels recently and really love the look of both styles.

There's no UK supplier though although they will ship (with UK customs whacking on their wedge etc) to the UK.

So - I know there's probably a manufacturer or distributor somewhere with pretty identical wheel styles and I'm pretty sure there's a wheel expert out there who might be able to point me in the right direction! Suggestions welcomed.

Top is like Works Meister S1 /S1R or SSR SP1 and bottom is like CCW LM5T or LM5. Both mucho £££'s :) The S1/SP1 design is on quite a few forum supra now, it's a tried and tested method.

Without the studs looks cleaner but the SP1 3 piece does look rather nice too! You could also go with an 18/17 combination which would be the best for handling if you thinking of dropping the 19's.

They also have some nice colours to choose from now, let me a few pictures.

SP1 2 Piece Wheel

SP1 3 Piece Wheel

These on your car against that new colour :drool:

S1R

Edited by Frank Bullitt
Info added. (see edit history)

ESR is like XXR/Japan Racing. They're pretty cheap knock-offs of the real deal, but if you're on a tight budget they're nice. Just avoid every single pothole you see. ;)

I figured that they must be copies. Don't fancy that - they'll be inferior material and construction and a lot heavier no doubt. The aim here is for lightness and much, much better handling (whilst still looking the mutts!)

the 2nd pic looks like the CCW's that James (i think) just had fitted to his? like a swept 5 spoke design:

Edit, yes, in the links above, lol

Yeah I have the CCW LM5T which are similar to the 'twist' wheels posted:

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/13737716_1039149079514768_8031871381077943398_o.jpg?oh=1c553dccf194ecca64c8b51f12b5b26a&oe=59438760

Not cheap haha! I love them though! :thumbs:

Whistler's are nicer than the JR version too, they're 5 hole rather than 9 or 10 hole multi-fit's. Great price too, but copies obviously :( I almost pulled the trigger on some but decided to take some extra time saving for something else

Edit, Vaarstoen are also a similar make for reps and carry the same sort of range in good widths and offsets, but I don't think there's a UK supplier for them either

Edited by jim (see edit history)