The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front shock absorber

Tyson

Apart from Steve Manley and burrows Toyota anyone else know where I could try for a front shock absorber for a U.K. Spec (yes they are different to j spec) part number 48510-19275.

My local Toyota want £350 for one and that's not fitted :shock:

My mate gave me a list of what he could get for my car which is same year and model as yours.

He lists sach's front shockers as £70 ea.

Let me know if any good and we could possibly meet up!

But they're so soft :D:d

Jesus I know! I ditched mine over 10 years ago! Now wonder you only race me in straight flat motorways lol Race through the twisties next time :D

I don't have anything special, just Toyota yellow bilsteins and j-spec springs. Ok they arent track performance, but neither are they an uncomfortable ride, but that's the trade off with suspension. I've been pondering a change recently, something a little stiffer for when pushing it through the corners hard, but I fear I'm looking for the impossible combination of handing and comfort, they just don't go together :(

For me, I think my best upgrade choice is German B6 Bilsteins, and either fit as they are, or get Chris Wilson to improve the valving. Then springs wise it's either Eibachs or CW springs.

Hope that helps mate :)

Jesus I know! I ditched mine over 10 years ago! Now wonder you only race me in straight flat motorways lol Race through the twisties next time :D

I don't have anything special, just Toyota yellow bilsteins and j-spec springs. Ok they arent track performance, but neither are they an uncomfortable ride, but that's the trade off with suspension. I've been pondering a change recently, something a little stiffer for when pushing it through the corners hard, but I fear I'm looking for the impossible combination of handing and comfort, they just don't go together :(

For me, I think my best upgrade choice is German B6 Bilsteins, and either fit as they are, or get Chris Wilson to improve the valving. Then springs wise it's either Eibachs or CW springs.

Hope that helps mate :)

Why not seek out a set of REAS suspension? Supposed to be a fantastic setup and aimed at what you're looking for.

Why not seek out a set of REAS suspension? Supposed to be a fantastic setup and aimed at what you're looking for.

God no! Do I look like I'm a sucker for punishment!?! lol The potential problems that could bring, along with it being about the same as jspec springs in the corners, is not worth the hassle mate.

I'm happy with the comfort of the ride, and I've just ordered some new front tyres and gone up a profile size, it's just I'd like it firmer when cornering.