The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Big case diff crown wheel & pinion.

blythmrk

As description my UK 6 Speed diff is whining we have dropped the oil to night and it has loads of metal particles in it😁

We have yet to look inside the casing but I am expect the worst!

So I am on the hunt (new or used) for either the crown wheel and pinion or a complete big case diff (I know both long shots)

Are they oem parts only or are there any after market options?

Part numbers please for bearings, seals (can these be sourced from city seals and bearings) and crown wheel and pinion.

Thanks

Mark

Speak to Lee at SRD as he's done a few diff upgrades recently for people and might have the internals you're after or know someone who does

He wants the crown wheel and pinion not a diff. These might still be available from Toyota UK failing that try Amayama. Titan Motorsports in the US carry these in stock but be prepared to part with 1K+.

Thank you for your replies!

I will buy a complete large case diff if one is available then sell the casing as a separate as that is the difficult bit to source am I correct?

So Mr T only for new parts I already have a spare diff just not the crown wheel and pinion.

Does anyone have the part numbers for the bearings, seals (can these be sourced from city seals and bearings does anyone know of a non oem supplier) and crown wheel and pinion.

At least it will be all like new when refurbished:d

Thanks

Mark

You want have much luck finding a big case diff.

UK pinion is the same as the USA part number is 41201‑80058

Paul at whifbitz can supply all the bearing ect as the Toyota ones are £££££

Expect to wait a month or 2 and have a few thousand pound ready :(

Yep, my seals etc were £300 when I upgraded the diff :(

Finding a large case complete diff is going to be near impossible Mark. You might as well bite the bullet and get new crown and pinion for £1k+ as even if you do source a large case complete unit you'll still have the same problem in that reselling it will be without crown and pinion and not worth anywhere near as much.

Yep, my seals etc were £300 when I upgraded the diff :(

Finding a large case complete diff is going to be near impossible Mark. You might as well bite the bullet and get new crown and pinion for £1k+ as even if you do source a large case complete unit you'll still have the same problem in that reselling it will be without crown and pinion and not worth anywhere near as much.

TCB and Toyiota both state discontinued on both UK and Jdm codes on the crown and pinion the only option atm is a USA spec one but slightly different ratio also Titan Motorsport do one is this aftermarket or oem and again what ratio?

What's the costing on the bearings please?

Thanks

Mark

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.